Google - Best place to work, global, dynamic, youthful | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Google

"Best place to work, global, dynamic, youthful"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Pros

We have great perks, people are young, dynamic, creative and willing to take risks. There's an open communication between teams and managers, and overall it's a super fun place to work at. I won't even get started with the benefits and perks that Google offers as those are well documented already.

Cons

Progressing in the career may be a lengthy process. Sometimes you're better off leaving to another company to get work experience and try to return later to Google to get hired into a higher position.

Advice to Management

Leadership at Google is open, transparent and are always willing to receive feedback. Although the interaction between Googlers and Leadership is not as much as I'd like it to be, you can always know what's going on in your and other offices.

Other Employee Reviews for Google

"Great perks and culture, but poor middle management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Pros

Google has an amazing work environment. Free food, massages, gym etc. All amazing. I've also gained very valuable experience working with large clients. The salary and whole benefits package is way better than anywhere else that I've worked.

Cons

I think there are so many layers of middle management that it's impossible to feel connected to the top. Especially if you aren't in the US, which is where most the exciting stuff happens. There is constant restructuring and it's not clear how the goals of management trickle down. They claim to be a flat company but I'm not convinced.

Advice to Management

Awesome products and great work environment! Would love to see more leadership from middle management and how goals roll up to the top or how they roll down the bottom.

2. "Great environment, and unbelievably smart people."

Pros

Laid back work environment
    Benefits
    Talented people

Cons

Lack or order
    Everything decided essentially by "committee vote" over email