Google - A great summer software engineering internship at Google | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Google

"A great summer software engineering internship at Google"

Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern in Mountain View, CA
Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Google as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere in Google's offices can best be described as "college-like." It's about as far from the Dilbert-esque corporate boredom as you could possibly get. The food was great, and while I stayed in the office for long hours every day, my work schedule didn't feel oppressive to me, simply because it was such a nice work environment. The meals, microkitchens, and enjoyment of just taking a break and walking around the building and finding random pool tables, porch swings, and napping pods made staying in the office an enjoyable experience--not to mention the challenging and interesting project that I was working on.

Cons

My biggest complaint with Google is linked to the college-like atmosphere--there is not enough space in the Mountain View office in which I worked. Our room had 16 people in it when there should have been no more than nine. To someone like me who is easily distracted by extraneous noise and conversation, I found it challenging to filter out the distractions of overhearing so many other conversations. I found it necessary to wear ear buds with good noise insulation, and to pipe white noise through my earphones, in order to concentrate well enough to be productive.

Other Employee Reviews for Google

1. "Best career move so far"

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent people; great peers, overall good managers. Plentiful tools, competitive pay, unbeatable benefits and perks.

Cons

None that don't exist elsewhere: the occasional bad manager, underperforming employee.

"Best internship!"

Current Intern - Platforms Project Manager Intern in Mountain View, CA
    Current Intern - Platforms Project Manager Intern in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Google treats interns even better than full time employees. All of the employees all the way up to VP personally spend time with you and take your opinion.

Cons

The hiring process at Google is really slow and not very transparant.