Google - I was a software engineering intern in google. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Google

"I was a software engineering intern in google."

Former Intern - Software Engineer Intern in Mountain View, CA
Former Intern - Software Engineer Intern in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Google as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay and perk were good. Lots of smart people to work with. Good environment. Lots of food. There are free shuttles, free laundry services. People are nice

Cons

It takes a lot of time to do simple things. I think that it takes a lot of time to do something significant. People are nice, but seem to be very busy with work.

Advice to Management

My manager was supportive. But he was part time. So, I didn't find him sometimes.

Other Employee Reviews for Google

"There is a Dark Side"

I worked at Google full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Everyone knows about the great perks and salaries are good.

Cons

As a long time Googler (more than 10 years), it pains me to write this, but it has gotten so bad that I feel compelled. Google used to be a place driven by a culture of collaboration, innovation, and, well, Googleyness. Unfortunately, this is no longer the case. The culture has descended into one where employees are pitted against each other by a rating system that forces managers to choose their best team members, no matter what. Got a team of all-stars? Too bad, some of them are still going to get bad reviews. Want everyone on your team to work together for a common goal? Sorry, everyone feels like they need to keep their best ideas protected because it’s survival of the fittest. As a result, I have seen great employees forced out, moral destroyed, and careers ruined as the system chews employees up and spits them out. It has taken me a long time to get to this place, as I forced myself for years to see the Google I once loved and not the Google that now exists. It is all very sad.

I know many ex-Googlers from the early days who despise what Google has become. It pains me to say that the company I once loved and admired has become what it says it never would be, evil.

Advice to Management

The culture is not what you think it is. Overhaul the employee review system.

"cG"

Former Contractor - Contractor in Mountain View, CA
    Former Contractor - Contractor in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Google as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun place to work as a contractor.

Cons

As a contractor, no cons to report