Google - Lots of opportunities for groweth | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Google

"Lots of opportunities for groweth"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Program Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people that will push you and give you opportunities to see things in a new way.

Cons

It's a big company now. It often takes a lot of effort to start new projects and there are plenty of distracting or disassociated programs. It's controlled, fast chaos at times.

Advice to Management

Make sure that you have the best people managers possible, they really seem to make the difference between a team you join and a team you avoid.

Other Employee Reviews for Google

"I build things, and it's fun!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Google full-time

Pros

+ Larry wants us to keep the soul of a startup, even though we no longer are one. In some teams, like the ones I've been on, this has been possible - going from an idea to millions of users on a new product in < 2 years. Twice.
    + Product areas work on complex problems with awesome technical infrastructure set up already!
    + Smart peers, awesome project, if you get lucky or a particular team wants you.

Cons

+ Not-as-smart peers if you are not lucky, and possibly less-exciting projects, too. In this case you need to pay your dues on that project for 12-18 months, before being able to transfer.

Advice to Management

Enough with Google+ corrupting every single product in the name of Google+ success - I don't want a +Page for my YouTube account!

"I had a great experience"

Current Contractor - Researcher in Mountain View, CA
    Current Contractor - Researcher in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

The people in my department are very nice and the perks are great. I really enjoyed working for this company. You get the opportunity to work independently and with fantastic teams.

Cons

Many of their employees are contract employees, so about 1/3 of their workforce is constantly moving and shifting.