Google - Fast paced and loose culture that encourages risk taking. Plenty of perks. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Google

"Fast paced and loose culture that encourages risk taking. Plenty of perks."

Current Employee - Project Manager in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Project Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great challenges, not a lot of politics in the area I work. Opportunities arise if you are resourceful to go work in start up like environments within a very large company.

Cons

Sometimes a bit fragmented in priorities and the pace can be challenging at times as it's pretty relentless

Other Employee Reviews for Google

1. "A very unique place to work..."

I worked at Google full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people. The environment. The technology. Working at Google is really a unique experience that makes you grow.

Cons

The growing speed of such organization might generate some management problems if not properly handled.

Advice to Management

Be careful when you recruit new people, don't just hire them because they have done something crazy in their previous job but think if they could be a perfect fit for your team.

"Tough but interesting place to be a lawyer"

Former Employee - Corporate Counsel in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Corporate Counsel in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Google full-time

Pros

The work is cutting edge and career-making. By the contacts you make and the experience you can have, as well as the name on your resume, it is door-opening. You will work with one of the smartest collections of people in the world, with every perk known in employment. One thing I'll say is that shared offices are often seen as a negative but are actually quite a plus for most people.

Cons

For the lawyer hired post IPO, the pay is low and the hours are long. I'd prefer better compensation than all the perks - many of which I could not really use because I was working too hard. Things change frequently and working with some of the smartest people comes with a price, which is often a high level of arrogance - even disdain for lawyers. Maybe it's what keeps the Google business more successful. Aside from that, Google legal is now like a big law firm - that many lawyers. Lots of layers of management.