Google - It's a balanced company with an overall positive atmosphere and great perks. Some bureaucracy and politics are there to | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Google

"It's a balanced company with an overall positive atmosphere and great perks. Some bureaucracy and politics are there to"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
Former Employee - Account Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Google full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall, I believe it's one of the best employers out there. Teams consist of great international people, fantastic personalities. Company's HR really makes an effort to create positive working atmosphere. Generally, there's a good push for life/work balance. I guess you all have heard about perks - it's not a myth either. Despite some cons, I highly recommend working there.

Cons

As with all large corporations, there's a growing layer of middle management. This means bureaucracy, politics and the need to promote the so called "personal brand". Some managers need more education on how to motivate people. Proposals may go through a lengthy approval process. Recruitment is rather slow as I remember it.

Advice to Management

Constantly train middle management on people management skills and general human psychology. Create robust career development schemes.

Other Employee Reviews for Google

"Advertising Operations Associate (Customer Service) SMB"

Current Employee - Advertising Operations Associate in Buenos Aires (Argentina)
    Current Employee - Advertising Operations Associate in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

I have been working at Google full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awsome perks and great people. Google is really focused on giving a great customer service.

Cons

Low salary (Latam), curve evaluation for promotion, Long hours. BA program (a sort of young professionals program) makes you unable to transfer for 2 years.

2. "Great experience from pre-IPO to post-IPO"

Pros

For ad products, they are releasing new features every 2-3 weeks to globally. If you are in domestic or traditional company, you will not be able to enjoy the experience.

Cons

One of the Google's uniqueness is "flat" organization. However, by growing the company and having more people, organization became kind of bureaucratic and have more hierarchies.

Advice to Management

In terms of global (=HQ), I think it is going well. But for local, personally recommend not to hire so many people. I went to the office sometimes after left the company but I didn't understand what they are doing.