Google - An Amazing Company to Work For. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Google

"An Amazing Company to Work For."

Current Intern - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
Current Intern - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

There are endless projects to choose from. If you do not feel challenged enough, there is no one stopping you from trying to find another project. The amenities are great. The food is fantastic. There is something different every day of the week. It is obvious that Google loves its employees. The culture is amazing too. Each employee does not mind helping the other out if they are stuck. I feel it is encouraged to reach out to others.

Cons

There is nothing wrong putting in more than 100%, but I feel sometimes no one has a life other than working. I do not blame the company for this because they actually encourage outside activities. But you still see it sometimes. The projects are just too awesome.

Other Employee Reviews for Google

"Bad Time to be in the Sales Org"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Google full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits and perks of working at Google are outstanding. As a whole, I think the company does care about its employees, at the highest levels.

Cons

The sales org is a big bureaucratic mess.
    Most decisions are made by upper management with a very short-term focus - and everyone has to play along - to get that director his/her next bonus.
    Promotions are 100% driven by politics vs. how you perform in your core role.
    There are much better parts of the company to be in - but you won't be able to get in to them in the Ann Arbor office. The good roles are all centralized in Mountain View.
    HR here is evil. Any move you make, they will look for ways to claw back your merit increases and even make you sign that you will not negotiate salary if you get an offer. Then give you a poor offer.

Advice to Management

Open up more roles to remote offices.
    Promote for core role competency vs. side projects and politics.
    Promote more from within vs. external hires (who have 2+ years learning curve).
    Make HR less evil.

"Great employer, smart people, with some shortcoming of being a big company"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can't beat Google's culture and perks.
    Caring and smart people everywhere.
    Some work is challenging (depends on your role).

Cons

Company is getting big, and not everyone is moving as fast as we were before.
    There are clearly hierarchy, and most of time it doesn't equate bureaucracy but sometimes it does .

Advice to Management

Be nimble and move faster.