Gordmans - Men's and Shoes Lead | Glassdoor

"Men's and Shoes Lead"

Former Employee - Sales Lead in Coralville, IA
Former Employee - Sales Lead in Coralville, IA

I worked at Gordmans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good experience, fast paced, good knowledge of merchandising.

Cons

TONS OF STRESS, relatively low entry pay

Advice to Management

Do NOT put the lead of Mens as Men's AND Shoes. Shoes is daunting, even in a small store.

Other Employee Reviews for Gordmans

1. "They do not care for the well being of their employees"

Current Employee - Freight Handler in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Freight Handler in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Gordmans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Set scheduled and regular days off.

Cons

Poor pay, no training standards, ware house is a nitemare for harassment

Advice to Management

Do not believe what they say they will not follow through. HR is dishonest and you will not get any promotion or pay increase during your first 90 days despite whatever they say.

2. "Strongly dislike this job."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Gordmans part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

20 percent discount on merchandise that is already pretty cheap, some of the employees are very friendly and helpful.

Cons

Where to even start. When I first got this job I was excited, but that changed after a couple of weeks. First of all the only thing I was trained to do was the register, none of the managers bothered to show me what else I was going to be doing (recovery, go backs, how to sign up a guest for a credit card). I felt like the other sales associates were way more helpful, they actually showed me how to do the things I needed to do. Um isn't that what the managers should be doing? Most of the people here can be really nice and friendly, but some not so much.. A lot of the time I feel like I get attitude from certain people and talked down to. I know I'm not the only one that feels this way because other employees have asked me if I noticed the attitude problems these people have. Not to mention I have to pick up others slack which is frustrating when I already have a million other things to do. My biggest complaint is the scheduling, there is no work-life balance AT ALL. I feel like some people (including me) get taken advantage of when they schedule us to close then start early the next day. Even on my days off I'll get called in. When is there time for myself? When I finally do get a day off I'm too tired to do anything. Unless you want to get taken advantage of for low pay I wouldn't recommend this job, I'm just sticking it out till I find a new one. I only gave this review two stars because of the discount.

Advice to Management

Actually train your employees beyond how to use the register so they know what they're doing, and don't be so obvious with your favoritism.