Gothic Landscape - If you don't mind getting a divorce, living at work and debauchery on an unprecedented scale... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Gothic Landscape

"If you don't mind getting a divorce, living at work and debauchery on an unprecedented scale..."

Former Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

The CEO, Mike Georgio is a likable guy. He acts friendly and caring; I think he really does care about people deep down inside. He is one of the reasons I stayed as long as I did. I liked him.

Cons

Key point learned - The ability to manipulate people is more valuable than landscape knowledge at Gothic.
Regarding leadership taking over for Mike Georgio... Jon Georgio appears to be full of himself, sometimes arrogant, also can be manipulative in employee negotiations and does it all with a smile on his face. He's like the silver spoon in his mouth youngest child with a sense of entitlement who is taking over a multi-generational accomplishment built on blood-sweat and tears, which he will summarily run into the ground in spite of his MBA (or perhaps because of it.)

Advice to Management

You may be beaten into oblivion by Valleycrest because they know about the importance of field knowledge. Rewarding "used car salesmen" behavior and neglecting field knowledge hurts those who dedicated their lives to achieving it. You make enemies of soon-to-be ex-employees where you don't have to. It then becomes their mission in life to see you fail because of this. The creation of this phenomenon is your own doing and unnecessary.

Quit the open display of morally debased behavior and lifestyle at the highest levels.

Other Employee Reviews for Gothic Landscape

1. "Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Estimator in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Estimator in Riverside, CA

I have been working at Gothic Landscape full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've worked at a lot of different places, doing a lot of different things. I have to say Gothic is the best place I have ever worked. You feel at home immediately. The people are amazing and welcoming. The best thing is that they realize you have a life outside of work. This is truly a family oriented company.

Cons

There are always cons, where ever you go. But the pendulum weight's in favor.

Advice to Management

Create a more cohesive team in you branches. There is not much of that where I'm at, and from what I've seen every department is in it for themselves. The head cannot live without the body. This will create higher moral, less turnover, and a happier place. There is also not a lot of room to move around based on you strengths. Give people the opportunity to move. Give tuition reimbursement to the field guys, to motivate education. Smart people make smart companies.

2. "Amazing People"

Former Employee - Business Development in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

I felt at home immediately at Gothic. Every person I came in contact with in the company was very inviting and always looking to develop a personal connection with me.

Cons

There are no cons that I had while working at Gothic.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on your employees and make them your first priority.