GovDelivery - Fast paced, get things done mentality lets you be who you want to be | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for GovDelivery

"Fast paced, get things done mentality lets you be who you want to be"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at GovDelivery full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* GovDelivery has endless opportunities, but you have to be a self starter; nobody will hold your hand and help you succeed. You're generally told to get something done but it's up to you to figure out the details on how to do it. Some may find that a con, but I think it's a huge pro.
* IT/Technology is viewed upon as a strategic weapon, not a cost center like some other companies I've worked at, and it's great to hear that message from the CEO.
* Plenty of room for career growth at most positions if you're willing to step up and take it
* The Chief Operating Officer is a great leader and he brings an energy that makes the company fun to work at. He also brings great ideas to help improve innovation.
* Generous bonus program
* For only $30 every three months, you can join the "Breakfast Club," where the company will cater in breakfast on Friday morning. It could be a breakfast sandwich, quiche, muffins, French toast, etc, but it's a great perk.
* Company frequently has happy hour in the office and brings in cake, cookies, appetizers, etc for everyone to celebrate and unwind.

Cons

* The company is growing so fast that there's always a LOT of work to do, and while nobody tells you that it's required to put in a lot of extra hours, you'll fail if you don't. This can lead to reduced work/life balance.
* Along similar lines, the amount of vacation time you get is small compared to most places
* If you're looking for a laid back, stress-free place, this is not the company for you (personally I'd find that boring...)

Advice to Management

Keep it up, we're clearly on the right track.

Other Employee Reviews for GovDelivery

"Respected, Valued, and Challenged at a Young and Fast-Growing Company."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at GovDelivery full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive salaries and benefits, great company culture, unique make up of employees, beautiful location and office space. Kind and intelligent people work here. Management is instructive, challenging, compassionate, and appreciative.

Cons

Must be a self-starter to make headway (not necessarily a con, but important to note), wide range of ages and backgrounds means you must be able to navigate a variety of unique people to succeed (again, not necessarily a con, but something to consider).

Advice to Management

Continue growth and continue encouraging communication with all employees from the top all the way to the bottom. Display long term plan to help employees aim in the right direction and align with their personal long term strategies.

"Good product, bad mid-sr level level management"

I worked at GovDelivery full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The product is great and works well. They have a niche market.

Cons

mid-sr level management lacks management skills. I wasn't allowed to do what I was hired for and when I suggested new ideas, I was shot down and then let go for no reason. My manager didn't know how to manage people very well.

Advice to Management

Take some management seminars and communicate with your employees to try to help them before just pulling the plug.