Graduate School USA - They had not had sales people before and didn't quite know to do with the 3 of us | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Graduate School USA

"They had not had sales people before and didn't quite know to do with the 3 of us"

Current Employee - Director of Business Development in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Director of Business Development in Washington, DC

I have been working at Graduate School USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very collegial environment, the school has an excellent reputation in the federal space

Cons

Little to no direction, no sharing of expectations. No clear explanation AsT whom you're reporting to, lots of guessing about the rules.

Advice to Management

Spell out your expectations so that you don't expect results that you haven't asked for. It would also be nice to actually communicate with employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Graduate School USA

1. "Needs Improvement"

I have been working at Graduate School USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work-life balance, location, and opportunity to provide public service.

Cons

No opportunities for growth. Pay scale is not equal. No accountability at any level. It's every person for his/her self.

Advice to Management

Middle Managers need to be better selected. Often they are not qualified for the position but are nice people. The school needs to empower the capable people and not be afraid of people who question the status quo or business as usual decisions.You all speak of being one team but it doesn't feel like it. Work on improving your pay scale. There is no logical reason why three employees with the same title are within three different pay brackets and they all do the same work. More tuition reimbursement. Provide opportunities for career growth. I feel that raises should be given based on individual performance. The across-the-board raises are a disappointment because it shows that the school is unable to differentiate between its performers and non-performers. We need better financial management. We do not operate as a business. There is too much overhead. We need management empowered to reward their best employees. Graduate School seems to want to bring in new staff instead of training and growing their current loyal staff. It seems they give new employees better options than current employees. The federal government is light years ahead of us. It also would be helpful if we had less expensive health benefits. 401 contributions would be a nice addition.

2. "Failing Organization"

I have been working at Graduate School USA full-time

Pros

Flexibility, convenient location in DC`at L'Enfant Metro Station

Cons

RUN. The company has no concept on how to manage finances. I'm shocked it's still afloat. Keeps losing contracts and making hardly any income.