Gragg Advertising - Stressful & abusive | Glassdoor

"Stressful & abusive"

Former Employee - Human Resources in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Gragg Advertising full-time for more than a year

Pros

Quick growth and hands on opportunity.

Cons

The employees are awful. Typically a bunch of entry level employees that have been at the company for 2-3 years and have advanced to "manager" status because they stuck around. There's no focus on development or training because it's such an unstable environment with no succession planning (which again wouldn't be effective unless they had retention). They treat HR and Accounting like they're just there for their... convenience and act as a punching bag instead of partners in the business. Just FYI, we want you to succeed because that means we succeed. Constant going over your head to complain to the Director or VP, who doesn't in fact care about the complaint, but to "advocate for their people" they have to slap you down with little or no background information.

Advice to Management

Instead of surrounding yourself by "Yes Men" actually listen to consultants and the feedback you receive. Your people are your biggest investments. Pay them what they're worth and work on changing your culture, it starts with you to stop treating everyone as disposable and replaceable. Don't us the "work hard play hard" excuse because that's not really the truth. It's not working hard it's abusive. And playing hard... means that employees actually get rewarded for what they're putting into the business.

Gragg Advertising2018-03-23

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Fast Paced, High learning environment"

Former Employee - PPC Specialist in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Gragg Advertising full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked there for two years and learned more in the job than anywhere else I worked. Their approach of direct response forces everyone to be accountable for their job duties and to generate results for the client. It allows for great feedback all the time. Management works in the trenches with the team. Hands on CEO, who cares about the people

Cons

Fast paced. If you are an entitled millennial this is not the place for you. We did not sit around and drink espresso and eat avocado toast.

Advice to Management

Keep training and teaching. Maybe also add in a better profit sharing program.

Gragg Advertising2019-08-30
  2. "Great Work Environment!"

Current Employee - PPC Analyst in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Gragg Advertising part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work environment! Everyone in the office is very helpful and productive. All my coworkers are very down to earth and positive people.

Cons

After working here for more than a year I still have no complaints.

Gragg Advertising2019-08-30

Discover more reviews about Gragg Advertising.