Grammarly - Successful Silicon Valley Startup Dedicated to Perfecting Written English | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Grammarly

"Successful Silicon Valley Startup Dedicated to Perfecting Written English"

Current Employee - Director of Communications in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Director of Communications in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Grammarly full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Grammarly has ambitious plans to perfect all written English for the world’s 1+ billion English speakers. It is a small, but exceptional, team with a passion for life and language, impeccable technical skills, and tremendous drive. Our San Francisco headquarters is centrally located in a shared office space replete with startups, and our vacation plan and benefits are very competitive.

Cons

Growing companies typically experience "growing pains," but Grammarly seems to defy this precedent. The management team is cohesive and open to feedback, but with a very clear vision for the company's future. As a result, all team members work long hours (with pleasure!) to realize these impressive goals. We truly feel like we are a part of something special.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! It is really special to work at a company where you feel like your ideas are heard and appreciated. Grammarly's management team truly knows what they are doing. They get along great and encourage new ideas and processes.

Other Employee Reviews for Grammarly

1. "Great place to work, learn and grow among exceptional people and culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kiev (Ukraine)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kiev (Ukraine)

I have been working at Grammarly (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great culture and environment
    - Challenging tasks and ability for continuous learning and growing
    - Clear vision and transparent relationships between management and team
    - Team members with a significant expertise and experience

Cons

- Two offices in different time zones require overlap hours which means late hour meetings and calls

Advice to Management

- Continue growing management team and provide more autonomy.
    - Continue support fantastic environment and culture

Grammarly Response

Sep 26, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for sharing your experience! The time zone difference can be a challenge, but I am always impressed at how our team does whatever it takes to support each other. The SF team starts early and ... More

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Grammarly full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been working here for many years now. Very warm work environment, people focused on doing what is right for Grammarly to succeed, ethical dimension with data-driven decision making, emphasis on employees staying engaged, accountable. Company is on a very good trajectory, has the right energy behind the managing team, and the quality of people needed to make it happen.

Cons

Startup feel can have cons. Sometimes, there is some lack of process or system clarity internally, sometimes, lack of system itself. With pro-activeness, eagerness to drive change and offer suggestions, asking questions and following through on them, these startup cons can indeed be turned into opportunities and policies changes in Grammarly, and this is what has kept me engaged and enthusiastic along the way.

Advice to Management

Keep on the path we've been on. Tap into the ideas and expertise of the talent we have. Stay focused and we'll hit the goal.