Grammarly - Successful Silicon Valley Startup Dedicated to Perfecting Written English | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Grammarly

"Successful Silicon Valley Startup Dedicated to Perfecting Written English"

Current Employee - Director of Communications in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Director of Communications in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Grammarly full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Grammarly has ambitious plans to perfect all written English for the world’s 1+ billion English speakers. It is a small, but exceptional, team with a passion for life and language, impeccable technical skills, and tremendous drive. Our San Francisco headquarters is centrally located in a shared office space replete with startups, and our vacation plan and benefits are very competitive.

Cons

Growing companies typically experience "growing pains," but Grammarly seems to defy this precedent. The management team is cohesive and open to feedback, but with a very clear vision for the company's future. As a result, all team members work long hours (with pleasure!) to realize these impressive goals. We truly feel like we are a part of something special.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! It is really special to work at a company where you feel like your ideas are heard and appreciated. Grammarly's management team truly knows what they are doing. They get along great and encourage new ideas and processes.

Other Employee Reviews for Grammarly

"Good perks but unpleasant team leading style"

Pros

Yes, the perks are there - excellent lunches, trips, meetups etc. Most of people working there are friendly and helpful.

Cons

Some team leads could really do with management training. I have experienced favoritism as well as talking down and belittling of employees by their supervisors.

Grammarly Response

Sep 6, 2017 – Interim HR VP

Thank you for your review. I very much agree that the perks at Grammarly are outstanding. And I especially agree that the people here are extraordinary. We have been very fortunate to attract a... More

"Great company to work for"

Former Employee - SEO Executive in Podol, Kiev (Ukraine)
    Former Employee - SEO Executive in Podol, Kiev (Ukraine)

Pros

Offsite trips, great company culture and team work

Cons

If you don't fit in as a person, you might feel left out

Grammarly Response

Oct 10, 2017 – Interim HR VP

Thank you for your comments and suggestion; it will be top of mind.

BTW, re office trips: We are excited that the whole company will shortly be gathering for a week in Spain!