Grand Canyon University - I was very optimistic at first, not so much now. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Grand Canyon University

"I was very optimistic at first, not so much now."

Current Employee - Enrollment Counselor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Grand Canyon University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, PTO, paid for Masters degree. Very flexible schedule and understanding manager. (I got lucky with my Manager) Great co-workers.

Cons

No real chance of moving up unless you are part of the "good ol' boy" group. Even if you meet requirements, have a degree and participate in projects outside of your job description. Call center sales environment that is based solely on numbers, even though they claim they don't. You are expected to convince people to go to school, even if they don't want to. Evaluations are not fair, in the sense that you can be above requirements or below requirements and still get the same raise.

Advice to Management

It is the luck of the draw on which manager you get. Some managers are awesome, like mine. However some managers are not and so the requirements, write ups, and fires are not equal across the board. Without a base standard that is actually followed this makes it a stressful and an unfair, low moral environment for most.

Other Employee Reviews for Grand Canyon University

1. "Great Christian Company"

Current Employee - Enrollment Counselor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Grand Canyon University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free tuition for bachelors and masters degrees.
    20 days paid time off
    casual business environment

Cons

limited work from home opportunities.

"It's fine for now"

Current Employee - Enrollment Counselor in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Enrollment Counselor in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Grand Canyon University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The tuition is free and for a school with an online program, it's actually really competitive compared to other schools with online programs. The systems are better and more user friendly, there are full time teachers, and the programs are legit making it easy to talk to students without feeling scummy like I would if I worked at UOP.

Cons

Everything is about who you know so if you want a promotion, you better already be friend with whoever is making the decision and you will know if you got the job before you even applied.

Advice to Management

There's different advice to different management... cause they all do differen things... I guess figure out a way to treat everyone fairly and be consistent so that a person's career success isn't based on the luck of the draw as to who they got as a manager.