Grand Canyon University - Good Company | Glassdoor
  1. "Good Company"

Current Contractor - Dissertation Chair in Remote, OR

I have been working at Grand Canyon University for more than 3 years

Pros

GCU does an excellent job training their doctoral dissertation professors on the process and expectations for students. The training helps professor become more confident when assisting students.

Cons

I wish GCU would give options to become full time faculty member after a certain length of time with the company.

Grand Canyon University2019-08-07

Grand Canyon University Response

August 9, 2019Talent Acquisition Analyst

GCU values the contributions that each individual makes. We understand that each department is different, and some may have more opportunities than others or alternative career tracks. We encourage you to discuss your career goals with your manager to see what steps you can take now ...

1. "Great opportunity to support others!"

Current Employee - Site Supervisor in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Grand Canyon University part-time for more than a year

Pros

Professional development keeps up with current trends in your content.

Cons

I have no cons to add.

Grand Canyon University2019-09-10
  2. "Amazing Company! Higher Management Shortsighted."

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Grand Canyon University full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incredible company to work for, and I am so proud to have worked for GCU. The benefits are amazing (free-discounted degrees), and the travel opportunities are immense. Company culture is incredible and the group of employees you work with become your friends for years to come.

Cons

Unfortunately all good things must come to an end at some point. I worked on the traditional ground campus, and with the changes in higher management, this did not benefit the employees. Strong employees left because they were being measured against "numbers" without actually valuing the employee. Extremely short sighted.

Advice to Management

Your employees are more than numbers. Stop playing with people's livelihoods. Trust and show them respect.

Grand Canyon University2019-09-20

Discover more reviews about Grand Canyon University.