Grand Canyon University - Great company, great management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Grand Canyon University

"Great company, great management"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Phoenix, AZ
Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Grand Canyon University as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

GCU provides a great work/life balance. Management was very flexible and willing to work with my schedule. Owner at the time, Brent Richardson, created great ethical workplace.

Cons

No huge cons, just wasn't as organized as I would've liked. Work wasn't very satisfying although that's more the nature of data entry than the fault of the school.

Other Employee Reviews for Grand Canyon University

"Best Place I Have Ever Worked"

Current Employee - Enrollment Counselor in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Grand Canyon University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Where to begin...There are so many...

1. Benefits are amazing.

Great and cheap medical insurance after 30 days.

Free employee tuition after 90 days.....Not only for you, but for up to two children and your spouse at the undergrad level. Yes, your children can attend classes at the ground campus FOR FREE.

20 days PTO, and you start earning it from day one. 13 paid holidays and half days here and there.

Flexible schedule

Lots of paid holidays, team building, FUN work environment

Diversity in workforce, no age/race discrimination.

Overtime available if you want it but it has never been required of me

Great training

Positive reinforcement all the time

Are you expected to perform the duties of your job? Sure, of course you are but first and foremost you must act in the students best interest always. There is not undue pressure to enroll students. The expectations are very realistic, and if you show up and answer your phone, and make your calls each day, you will meet your goals.

GCU was named #2 best small company to work for in the United States by Forbes magazine. That did not happen because they are a bad company. I LOVE Grand Canyon University. I hope to spend my entire career here.

Cons

I really have not experienced any cons so far. Seriously. If you want a job where you can come in and slack, this is not for you. However, if you work hard, you will be do very well here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I am so proud to be a part of this wonderful organization.

2. "College of Education"

Current Employee - Enrollment Counselor in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Grand Canyon University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company with a Christian foundation. Work environment is positive, over all. Very transparent in goals for company growth and opportunities to advance given the right immediate leadership. Salary is comparible to other schools I have worked for. Benefits are decent.

Cons

Close cubicle environment. Expectations to enroll are sometimes higher than what's available in leads given. Job security is based on producing admissions not on work ethics. Typical. If you don't produce students your job is not secured.