Grand Rounds - Not my first review | Glassdoor

"Not my first review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Grand Rounds full-time

Pros

The best thing I can say about this company is that it is the same place I joined. Very mission driven, really high end talent and pragmatic / low ego. Patients come first and customers right after (this still can cause some tension, especially with the growth expectations). + I love the people I work with + Leadership genuinely cares about people, takes feedback and acts on it (e.g., a lot of recent focus on career development and clear feedback) + CEO actively works to maintain balance even as the hype around the company builds + Product and engineering talent (EPD) have gotten WAY better in the last year; now better than my last large tech company + I remain inspired by the vision and feel us making progress + lots of "do what you say you're going to do"

Cons

- lots of ambition and don't always feel like we have the resources to cover - I feel like I understand the business today and the vision of the world we want to see but would love more about long term business strategy - would like us to see us be more aggressive on brand marketing

Grand Rounds2019-09-10

Grand Rounds Response

November 7, 2019Sr. Dir. Employee Experience

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughtful feedback. The company has grown in many ways over the years and it’s great to see the growth in the eyes of our employees and colleagues. It is valuable to hear that many of our founding characteristics remain true - a bold vision, mission-driven colleagues, and inspiring leaders who care. And, as we've grown, we keep focused on raising the bar. We are fortunate to attract strong talent, build partnerships with leading employers and institutions and continue to expand our product offerings to improve healthcare for millions nationwide. Thank you for your ongoing commitment to make this possible.

Continue reading
  1. "Great company with great people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I have been working at Grand Rounds full-time for more than a year

Pros

One of the most inclusive places I've ever worked at. I enjoy the office camaraderie and how all of the teams come together. Even though I don't work on the Care Team (like the majority of the office), I feel very welcomed and apart of the greater GR team. Leadership is transparent, and has been very frank and honest with our teams. Things change frequently, but that has given great exposure to other parts of the business and employees across the country. The people that I've gotten to work with have been phenomenal with their drive, passion, and work ethic.

Cons

Some processes could be more streamlined, rather than working with different individuals for every thing. Doesn't seem to majorly impact efficiency though

Grand Rounds2020-02-19

Grand Rounds Response

February 25, 2020Sr. Dir. Employee Experience

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We are so glad to hear you feel supported by our fun and mission-driven team and respected by the direct communications from our leaders. Changing healthcare is not an easy challenge to take on and we are honored to take on this big opportunity working side by side with team members that demonstrate extraordinary drive and passion. Yes - as we scale we will continue to find opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our systems and processes. We are making investments company wide to create some meaningful changes and always look to the ingenuity of our team members to bring forth your ideas as well.

Continue reading

"Nice mission, poor business planning"

in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Grand Rounds

Pros

– Mission is one that matters and employees believe in it – Co-workers are kind – Work is challenging and there are many growth opportunities

Cons

– Leadership is not transparent or honest with employees. Executives appear to sugarcoat business updates and have lost employee trust. – Business planning is a mess and poor top-down decisions were made in 2019, resulting in mass layoffs. – Much of SF team does not appear to be happy and view HQ as a "commuter office" – There is significant favoritism for engineering hiring, resulting in lack of hiring and resourcing for other crucial company functions like marketing and HR. You will NOT have a successful business and product if 1. no one knows about it and 2. your employees are not properly supported.

Grand Rounds2020-03-07

Discover more reviews about Grand Rounds.