Granite - VERY disappointed. | Glassdoor

"VERY disappointed."

Current Employee - Turbine Tech

I have been working at Granite full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent Salary/Benefits. Laptop and PPE provided by company. Enjoyed working with fellow Techs.

Cons

I was promised to be making between $50K-$60K a year. I would be lucky if I make $20K. I was told that I would be gone working several weeks to several months at a time. Instead I've only been sent out on a few jobs (MAYBE 3) that lasted about a week or two. Went through a few weeks of training here and there, but haven't had enough work to gain any OJT. Been with the company almost a year and feel I have not... accomplished anything. Sudden lack of communication from manager. Have not worked in months. I'm supposed to be a FULL-time employee but have not worked since May. Travel/Lodging/Car rental arrangements are the individual's responsibility. The required/necessary tools to get the job done not always provided at job site.

Advice to Management

Tell your managers to do a better job of keeping CONSTANT communcation with their techs. If there isn't enough work for everyone, please inform your people so that they can either find second/temporary jobs for the meantime, or seek full-time employment elsewhere.

Granite2016-09-20
  1. "Good company. Good management and strategy."

I have been working at Granite

Pros

It is a good place to start. It has a very friendly staff.

Cons

It is shrinking as a company. They had a massive layoffs without a priority warning.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent.

Granite2019-04-23
  2. "Dishonest Company"

Former Employee - EPM Engineer in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Granite full-time for more than a year

Pros

Paid Weekly. Easy Pay and expense system

Cons

Dishonest Management and full of conflicts of interests.

Advice to Management

Stop lying.

Granite2019-12-12

Discover more reviews about Granite.