Granite - No upward mobility, no employee support | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Granite

"No upward mobility, no employee support"

Current Employee - Logistics Analyst in Marietta, GA
Current Employee - Logistics Analyst in Marietta, GA

I have been working at Granite full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have nothing good I can say about this company. They seem to delight in trying to pound square pegs into round holes.

Cons

No upward mobility, no employee support, no growth potential at all.

Other Employee Reviews for Granite

"A One-Way path to No Where! Granite Wind Segment"

Current Employee - Technical Advisor- Wind Install in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Technical Advisor- Wind Install in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Granite full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company had fair training, good travel opportunities, and reasonable pay. Granite is horrible to deal with in between projects, but once your on a GE site; it is quite pleasant, and I enjoyed my work.

Cons

No clue in the HR department of what talent they have. They don't know a good worker from bad! Classic Nepotism, "Good Ole' Boy" Network. If your not included in it, you might be out of work for 8 months. No job advancement, if your hired for a certain position, you may have a chance at a lead position, and nothing further! If you have any problems to be solved (computer issues, insurance, 401k, etc) good luck, your service manager NEVER gets back to you, along with the staff at Tampa! I could go on for hours about the issues of this company!

Advice to Management

I would eradicate all the inept, middle managers, especially the service managers from the wind segment! I would get back to the tradition of when it was Penpower, and hire the best talent who could do the job the quickest and best. Hiring people off the street MUST stop. There were some of my colleagues who could barely speak interpretable English.

2. "Decent, flexible."

Current Employee - Wind Turbine Technician in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Wind Turbine Technician in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Granite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Relatively well pay, easy co-workers. This is a job where you can interact as much or as little as you like with collegues.

Cons

There is nepotism throughout. There is no room for promotion or a raise. You are asked to perform tasks outside of scope and the company hires individuals "off the street"

Advice to Management

There are power struggles in the company. There is a barriers between management and labor. Complaints go unheard and the managers encourage little participation in the bottom up meeting.