Granite Telecommunications - Solid First Office Job | Glassdoor
  1. "Solid First Office Job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

I have been working at Granite Telecommunications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits/401k matching Great location, right next to the Red Line and I-93, easy for commuters Onsite Job Training MidManagement and Supervisors are all down to earth and willing to help Sometimes OT is available Upper Management makes an effort to keep all depts. involved and on task Free gym onsite

Cons

Low Pay for non-sales departments Some departments are not run quite to the same standards and practices as others, resulting in undertrained and incompetent coworkers Some facilities need upgrading: bathrooms are always dirty and smelly, cafeteria is too small (and expensive!), elevators periodically break in between floors, etc Strict punch-in/punch-out times, unpaid lunch, no option to work from home

Advice to Management

Upgrade the salary for non-commissioned employees, cost of living in this area (Boston) is very high and a some of us have to work second jobs to make ends meet. Be less strict regarding dress code for non customer facing positions. There is no reason for me to be wearing a tie at my cube, this is not 1957. More leniency for hours; offer a work from home option, less strict about the "in at 8, out at 5" attitude. If I'm done with my work just let me go home.

Granite Telecommunications2017-09-20
  1. "Great earnings potential"

Current Employee - Regional Account Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Granite Telecommunications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great commission structure, work environment, CEO cares about his employees

Cons

Not many, great work place

Granite Telecommunications2019-11-29
  2. "Great First Job"

Former Employee - Product Pricing Analyst in Quincy, MA

I worked at Granite Telecommunications full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Although the work maybe hard, the skills you learn enable you to get a very good job. - Immediate managers are awesome! They want you to succeed and stay. -higher level managers may seem intimidating due to title but they are some of the nicest people. Communicating them will do wonders for growth and career. Being able to communicate with upper level managers can excel you career and provided you growth opportunities. -I cannot say enough positive things about Sandy Kelleher! She has done wonders for my career while at Granite and after. -all managers are very respectful of work loads, overtime and vacation time, if you communicate any issues with them. -everyone is willing to help you grow and develop you just have to ask.

Cons

-management tries to hold on to talented people but top level executives do not give them the resources needed to stay competitive. Company resources are devoted to sales and because of this a lot of talented workers in operations get higher paying jobs elsewhere. -Some employees think they are managers based on seniority. They over complicate processes for new employees instead of helping them become learn and grow processes. -senior execs put too much restraint on employees. Required weekly meetings, strict schedules and other policy’s are too old school and do not hold up with changing workplace trends. Larger, more prestigious companies are not as intense. Senior execs are trying to make the company seem more impressive than it actually is. They have started to evolve, becoming more relaxed on dress code and work from home options.

Advice to Management

Continue to be open to conversations with employees. Higher level executives need to give more attention to operations in order to keep talent. Sales are important but they aren’t the only part of the company.

Granite Telecommunications2020-01-17

Discover more reviews about Granite Telecommunications.