Granite Telecommunications - Premier Department | Glassdoor

"Premier Department"

Former Employee - Premier Account Analyst in Quincy, MA

I worked at Granite Telecommunications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free gym, good people, reasonable-ish commute, corporate experience. Quarterly bonuses were a decent perk as well, but you don’t receive that for at least six months especially if you started off as a temp, which most everyone does unless you know a higher up.

Cons

In short, this job sucks the life out of you. There’s overall low morale among employees and bare minimum benefits. The standard operating procedures changes constantly, and there isn’t a constant procedure for anything. If you do something wrong, you get put down by the internal departments instead of them attempting to help you. There’s no work/life balance, you get 16 PTO days for vacation, snow days, sick days, and personal days. If you leave early, you need to use your PTO. Some departments will let you make up the hours, but it’s hard to do so when it’s such a miserable environment. The company doesn’t care if the customers are being ripped off as long as they make a dollar towards their billion in revenue. I was told if the customer was overcharged, then to not do anything until they notice and avoid a credit, which would inevitably would turn to a horrible relationship with your customer which affects your bonus. I can go on about the strict 8-5 work day with a 12-1 standard lunch and the stampede rushing out of the building at 5, but other reviews have explained that very well. In sum, if you enjoy not having a soul, micromanagement, and make your life about telecom, then this is the place for you. I will mention briefly that others in the department have had different experiences depending on the team you end up in, I was just dealt a bad hand. Just go to sales, it’ll be a better experience.

Advice to Management

Not going to matter, I doubt much will change. My advice to potential employees, take the job if you’re desperate and stay for a year tops, then move on.

Granite Telecommunications2019-03-21
  1. "Great earnings potential"

Current Employee - Regional Account Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Granite Telecommunications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great commission structure, work environment, CEO cares about his employees

Cons

Not many, great work place

Granite Telecommunications2019-11-29
  2. "Great First Job"

Former Employee - Product Pricing Analyst in Quincy, MA

I worked at Granite Telecommunications full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Although the work maybe hard, the skills you learn enable you to get a very good job. - Immediate managers are awesome! They want you to succeed and stay. -higher level managers may seem intimidating due to title but they are some of the nicest people. Communicating them will do wonders for growth and career. Being able to communicate with upper level managers can excel you career and provided you growth opportunities. -I cannot say enough positive things about Sandy Kelleher! She has done wonders for my career while at Granite and after. -all managers are very respectful of work loads, overtime and vacation time, if you communicate any issues with them. -everyone is willing to help you grow and develop you just have to ask.

Cons

-management tries to hold on to talented people but top level executives do not give them the resources needed to stay competitive. Company resources are devoted to sales and because of this a lot of talented workers in operations get higher paying jobs elsewhere. -Some employees think they are managers based on seniority. They over complicate processes for new employees instead of helping them become learn and grow processes. -senior execs put too much restraint on employees. Required weekly meetings, strict schedules and other policy’s are too old school and do not hold up with changing workplace trends. Larger, more prestigious companies are not as intense. Senior execs are trying to make the company seem more impressive than it actually is. They have started to evolve, becoming more relaxed on dress code and work from home options.

Advice to Management

Continue to be open to conversations with employees. Higher level executives need to give more attention to operations in order to keep talent. Sales are important but they aren’t the only part of the company.

Granite Telecommunications2020-01-17

Discover more reviews about Granite Telecommunications.