Grant Thornton - Why Didn't I Find GT Sooner?! | Glassdoor
Pros
Cons

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Why Didn't I Find GT Sooner?!"

Current Employee - Business Development in New York, NY
Current Employee - Business Development in New York, NY

I have been working at Grant Thornton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This firm has exceed all my expectations. I came from a Banking background to the Consulting world and am amazed at the cultural differences. This is a lean, entrepreneurial firm where they value their staff as the true engines of growth that we are. Actions speak louder than words and GT gets it.

Cons

It is a fast-paced culture that rewards entrepreneurial drive. This is not a place for followers.

Advice to Management

Continue your focus on the quality of life initiatives that you have in place and the staff will continue to support you

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "People & Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Grant Thornton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome people and company culture

Cons

Not much to say here

"Great Firm but Questions About the Future"

Current Employee - Advisory Associate in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Advisory Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Grant Thornton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, people, and organization overall. The modernization aspects and ability to innovate, growing the business through entrepreneurial ideals, are very attractive qualities of this organization. I've always found my team to be approachable, open, and available to provide feedback. The projects are challenging and allow for growth opportunities at all levels. I feel proud to tell people where I work and I'm confident in the growth strategies of the firm. Leadership knows where we provide the most value and target the right companies at the right time.

While the firm isn't the most diverse, you can actively see the strides and efforts that the organization is making to grow and develop in this area.

Cons

It seems to be a trend in most companies, to introduce a major perk for working at the company and then introduce so many hoops to jump through to take advantage of that perk. Sames goes for GT and their flexible time off policy. This is supposed to be a major benefit but there was the introduction of so many extra approval steps that it just ends up being a headache.

Also, the introduction of external hires at the partner level, who's beliefs and actions aren't congruent with GT's cultural values, threatens the balance of culture that the organization has worked so hard to implement.

The constant restructuring of the firm reduces overall employee engagement and belief in these changes. Every time this happens, employees lose faith and confidence in their organization's strategies. Also, the politics that happen through those restructuring strategies create division and confusion among the departments.

Advice to Management

Ensure that any partners introduced into the firm legitimately believe and have practiced similar cultural strategies in past roles.

Reduce the number of policies and hoops to jump through in order to take advantage of the firm's great FTO policy.

Stick to one organizational strategy map for longer durations.

Discover more reviews about Grant Thornton.