Grapevine Ford - READ THIS FIRST!!! Unbelieveable opportunities to learn & grow into a lifelong career! | Glassdoor
  1. "READ THIS FIRST!!! Unbelieveable opportunities to learn & grow into a lifelong career!"

Former Employee - Internet Sales -> New Car Manager

I worked at Grapevine Ford full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are some other reviews that I've read that have "cons" that are simply standards in the automotive industry, anywhere you go. The truth is the car business isn't for everyone. That being said, there isn't a better place to work, if you can handle the industry. End of story. Someone might be thinking,"Why are you a former employee then?" The truth is I left the DFW area. There isn't a company I've seen... with more opportunity for growth and advancement, if you are willing to put in the work. The sad truth is most people aren't. The 23 Million dollar, less than 3 year old facility is amazing, and has an on-site cafe, a state of the art showroom, the service facility is well lit & climate controlled, there's a ridiculous amount of inventory, the best online pricing in DFW, and a management team that will push you to accomplish things that you never have before. This was the first place I ever worked in the Automotive Industry, and the training I received there has brought me countless successes and opportunities over the years. I made nearly $8,000 in my first 30 days. I went from making less than 30k a year to making six figures plus consistently, and began a career here, not a job. The management staff truly knows what they are doing. General Manager Chaz Gilmore is leader with an unrelenting drive for success, and an inspiring leader both in personal matters and business. I read before they practice deceptive marketing strategies, which is ludicrous. After 14 months, I was promoted to manager. As a member of management, I can state FOR A FACT that this isn't the case. The management staff does value every single customer that reaches out to them or walks through the door. In the instance that something goes wrong, if there's a way to make it right with the customer, they do, especially when the GM gets involved. I would recommend Grapevine Ford Lincoln to anyone who'll listen, and, if I ever return to the DFW area, it will be the first and only place I go. Grapevine Ford Lincoln changed my life, and for that I'll always be grateful.

Cons

The car business isn't for everyone. You work lots of hours (50+). That's anywhere you go in the business outside of luxury brands. Its commission based pay. Get used to it. Customers can be unreasonable. Duh! Can't handle performance requirements? Get out of the business. Parking is not good. Get insoles for your shoes, and be ready to walk. I don't know if you can really call this a con, but there's... SO much inventory, that sometimes you can spend up to 30 minutes just looking for a single vehicle, even with the fob!

Advice to Management

Keep it up. The store has grown immensely, and that's honestly because of the management team, and the long term employees who call GVF their homes.

Grapevine Ford2016-10-13

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Fantastic Family Atmosphere"

I have been working at Grapevine Ford full-time

Pros

Great place to learn and grow, fast moving and easy to succeed

Cons

Parking can be a challenge but a little walking never hurt anyone

Grapevine Ford2016-07-06
  2. "Porter"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

I have been working at Grapevine Ford full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good company well structured pay is not the best but not the worst great as far as working with students school schedule very close nit like a family would recommend for anyone wanting to get into the auto industry

Cons

Pay is not the best and at the end of the day it's retail so you get all that comes with that

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing but would really consider giving more information to new hires on benefits that the company offers

Grapevine Ford2016-08-21

Discover more reviews about Grapevine Ford.