Employee Review

Current Employee, more than 1 year

My best opportunity

Sep 26, 2017 - Senior Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

I took a position at Grayling from a small boutique agency, which had very little opportunity for growth - it was the best decision I ever made. Grayling offers me constant learning opportunities. I love working for a global agency and collaborating across boarders on a daily basis. It's a fun fast-paced work environment, where hard work is acknowledged and rewarded.

Cons

Working on a Microsoft based IT system can be challenging and frustrating at times. Many clients want to collaborate on other types of platforms, which are not allowed for security reasons.

Continue reading
    4 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Take a closer look

Aug 16, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

As someone with more than two decades of experience in the communications industry, who has worked for agencies big and small, good and bad, I can say without fear or favor that Grayling is a damn fine agency. I do not recognize the way some people have attempted to characterize it on this site – although I do know some of the people who have left negative reviews. I worked with them. Let’s just say there’s a reason they are not employed by Grayling anymore. Context is everything, so here’s some that I hope will be helpful to would-be employees: Grayling is not a big agency. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not small either - it has the ability to compete (and win) against some of the biggest agencies in the world - but there is no fat. There is no room for passengers. Everyone has to bring something to the party. The agency is not of a size where anyone gets to sit in a corner office and pontificate. Everyone has to pitch in. And while in the five years I’ve been with the company there have been a number of changes, one thing is consistent: The people who do not fare well are the ones who don’t get that. The ones who come with a sense of entitlement. Who lack the experience or wisdom to realize no-one is going to hand them anything. Success, recognition, reward… these things have to be earned. And those who do work hard, are rewarded. They do advance. Is Grayling perfect? No. But I have seen the company pay to relocate people to different countries or continents in order to retain their talents, or provide them with the growth opportunities they crave. I have seen the company invest in new ideas and initiatives that come from junior staff. I have seen junior consultants thrive in the hot house, and go on to great things. This is the Grayling I know. So go ahead, read all the reviews. All of them. Make up your own mind. And if what I have described doesn’t appeal to you, there are plenty of other agencies out there. You’re probably not the right fit for Grayling. Good luck.

Cons

There are bigger agencies, with more and better resources

5 people found this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee

Not impressive

Jul 31, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There were some good people at the time - smart and kind.

Cons

The overall direction and leadership of the firm were not strong.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Grayling.