Great American Insurance Company - Great place to start your IT career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Great American Insurance Company

"Great place to start your IT career"

Current Employee - Associate Applications Analyst and Developer in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Great American Insurance Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work life balance, Nice new offices, great people, company culture, competitive salaries relative to the region. Good company matching contribution to 401k. Many different technologies to work with and learn. The employees & management take interest in continuous improvement to overcome challenges. Great opportunity to grow your career if you show initiative.

Cons

Not really any serious cons to list . Just like any place there are things to improve and challenges to overcome.

Advice to Management

None

Other Employee Reviews for Great American Insurance Company

"Great people, Great Culture"

Former Intern - Finance Intern in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Intern - Finance Intern in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Great American Insurance Company as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

After interning with Great American for two summers in the Cincinnati headquarters, I feel as though I got a great introduction to the insurance industry and corporate finance. I was in their Accounting and Finance Rotational program the first year. The following year, I was asked to return and specialized in their Financial Analysis division and Enterprise Risk Management division. All of the supervisors I worked for were truly GREAT people, down to earth, helpful, and extremely good at their jobs. They were very flexible with the schedule for interns and all of their employees. The Great American Tower is a great facility with a gym and close by to restaurants and the heart of down town. A great place to work with wonderful people.

Cons

There is not a lot of turnover in the company, so there are not a ton of young faces aside from the summer interns. However, this also meant that their employees had a high level of expertise and experience in their space.

"GAFRI is a great place to work. Great American Insurance not Great!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Great American Insurance Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flex time, Learning opportunities, Fitness facilities and wellness center

Cons

No training at GAI and if you are not in the clicks your not going any where with your career and a complete lack of Communication. Also the relationship between IT and the Business is Horrible!!!

Advice to Management

properly train your employee!