Great Harvest Bread Co. - Manager | Glassdoor
  1. "Manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Great Harvest Bread Co. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Everything is made from scratch with no preservatives or additives. We mill our own wheat berry. Very fresh. Learning opportunities.

Cons

Poor ownership. Hours are early. No breaks for some eight hour shifts. Poor communication. Equipment malfunctions. Not enough employees to fill all the positions.

Continue reading
    Great Harvest Bread Co.2017-05-07
  1. "Love this place"

Former Freelancer - Intern

I worked at Great Harvest Bread Co.

Pros

Great quality product that people love.

Cons

Sourdough bread should be made more often!

Great Harvest Bread Co.2019-09-15
  2. "DO NOT WORK HERE"

Former Employee - AM Front of House/Bread Kneader in Austin, TX

I worked at Great Harvest Bread Co. part-time for less than a year

Pros

It smells really good, customers were usually really nice, coworkers were also nice

Cons

Ever since my first day, I had wanted to quit right then and there. I barely made it at this place for a week, and I am the type of employee that is loyal and hardworking. This is the first place I ever worked where I left immediately after I started. The people who run this particular location are THE WORST CASE of micromanagement I have ever encountered. First of all, customer service the VERY LOW on the priority scale. I remember getting fussed at for engaging with a customer, abandoning a customer mid service, and the managers encouraged getting customers in and out as fast as possible, by any means necessary. The managers yell at you for absolutely everything you do (can be as little as the way you hold a pencil), they contradict themselves about everything and blame their employees for everything and love belittling them in front of others. Coworkers couldn't engage with one another because they would get yelled at, and even told me to quit the place as soon as possible. Honestly it's a miracle this place is still even open. Everyone hates their jobs, hates working there, there is huge turnover with their employees, and the management are the absolute worst people to their employees.

Continue reading
    Great Harvest Bread Co.2020-03-17

Discover more reviews about Great Harvest Bread Co..