Great West Casualty Company - Excellent company to work for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Great West Casualty Company

"Excellent company to work for."

Current Employee - Office Claims Processor in South Sioux City, NE
Current Employee - Office Claims Processor in South Sioux City, NE

I have been working at Great West Casualty Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Stable company with good contingency plans. Many employees have been there 20+ years. For the most part, you feel like you're a part of a family. On-the-job training is unbeatable. They really take the time to make sure you know what you're doing & feel comfortable doing it. Then they have free training programs for other aspects of the business & will actually pay for you to take insurance courses if you choose to.

Cons

Politics - it took a few years for me to really notice it, but it's there, just as it is at every other company. Employees in certain departments really have to watch their step. Salary is probably normal for the area, but my department isn't paid enough.

Advice to Management

Make sure managers know the difference between micromanaging & guiding their employees. No one wants every move to be monitored - it's a waste of time to do that to employees & it makes employees less productive. If you hire managers who know how to motivate & encourage, the numbers will get better on their own. It feels like upper management doesn't really know what's going on "down in the trenches."

Other Employee Reviews for Great West Casualty Company

"I still have a job which is nice"

Current Employee - Corporate Pilot
    Current Employee - Corporate Pilot

Pros

Considering the state of the profession and the future of aviation in this country. At least we have jobs.

Cons

Pay , advancement,credit for doing a good jod, respect of other departments who are envious and see pilots as overpaid taxi drivers.

Advice to Management

They have no intention to drag the company into the modern age. This is the probuct of Old Republic who own us.

2. "Good employer, could do a little better"

I have been working at Great West Casualty Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family oriented, good work life balance.

Cons

Poor percentage on merit increases and promotional raises