Great Western Bancorp - A great company to work for as a mortgage loan officer. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Great Western Bancorp

"A great company to work for as a mortgage loan officer."

Current Employee - MOrtgage Loan Originator
Current Employee - MOrtgage Loan Originator

I have been working at Great Western Bancorp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Autonomy, great location, tight knit department. The mortgage department is big enough to get things done and small enough that everyone knows each other. Low fees and low rates make the selling process easier. 401K match and annual generous profit sharing.

Cons

Commission pay scale is good for a retail bank but on the lower end of mortgage banking. However this can be overcome with volume. Health benefits are expensive and only a 80/20 plan is offered but that seems to be the norm now a days.

Advice to Management

You've made tremendous progress on the mortgage operation sides. MLOs could benefit from greater price control flexibility.

Other Employee Reviews for Great Western Bancorp

1. "I enjoyed my time at the bank. Other employees were friendly and good culture."

Current Employee - Business Banking Trainee
    Current Employee - Business Banking Trainee

I have been working at Great Western Bancorp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you want an easy job this is it. I went through a training program and I didn't do anything, just read the news.

Cons

Wearing a tie and attending events. A banking career is a very slow career. If your like me and enjoy doing something all day, this isn't for you.

Advice to Management

Training program needs work.

"Saying the right things does not equal doing the right thing"

I have been working at Great Western Bancorp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growing company, some great employees, opportunity to help help build the company

Cons

Out of touch management, hard to trust managers and senior managers whose behaviors aren't consistent with company's values or even what they say they will do, lots of good people have come and gone quickly because the culture is very difficult, very little balance between work and home

Advice to Management

Do what you say you're going to do, invest in rank and file employees and stop treating employees as if we are disposable