Greater Boston Food Bank - STAY AWAY! | Glassdoor

"STAY AWAY!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Greater Boston Food Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The only pros i can see working at this non profit is that you are helping people in need.

Cons

CFO: This guy is pushing out EXCELLENT talent. He recently let go of a great employee we had working here due to feeling this person was going over his back, when in fact he was not. I can't stress it enough - the SLT and the Board of Directors really need to have a talk with this individual. He yells and treats all the employees as if they have no dignity. The COO is actually a very nice lady, and the CEO i... believe backs the CFO for reasons i will never understand. I have been working at this company for almost 3 years and i have never seen such a toxic environment. I agree with all the previous posts about this CFO. The CFO NEEDS TO GO. The BOD and the rest of the SLT really need to push this individual out or this great cause will unfortunately be left rotten. The BOD needs to really need to just spend a good week watching the CFO for them to finally say enough is enough, he treats his employees very badly and he needs to go. Its quite simple!

Advice to Management

Remove the CFO immediately. This guy makes way to much money and his performance is sub par. As i had said above, the CFO will not change his ways and he is pushing out excellent talent every few weeks due to his egregious attitude to his employees.

Greater Boston Food Bank2019-04-19

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great Experience"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I worked at Greater Boston Food Bank

Pros

Very welcoming staff and volunteers

Cons

Parking was a little difficult

Greater Boston Food Bank2017-11-06
  2. "Changes being made will significantly improve the experience here!"

Former Employee - Major Gifts Officer in Boston, MA

I worked at Greater Boston Food Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent Cause, Strong mission, shrewdly run company with strong financials and excellent reputation.

Cons

Leadership separates itself from the rest of the staff, and puts expectations down to its teams with no real road map of how to arrive at the destination.

Greater Boston Food Bank2019-07-18

Discover more reviews about Greater Boston Food Bank.