Greater Boston Food Bank - Knowing We are making a difference | Glassdoor

"Knowing We are making a difference"

I have been working at Greater Boston Food Bank full-time

Pros

Working here brings so much joy and fulfillment in my life. Everyday as I pull up, I watch our trucks filled with food go out on their daily routes. Having had to get help for food and shelter for me and my family when times got tough, I know how food, water, shelter, health and peace are really the only fundamental things in life that matter. The rest is just an added bonus. I have never worked with such a... dedicated team who not only get the job done, but constantly try to improve and feed more people. The team is competent, professional and extremely well qualified. No matter how hard I work, it isn't an issue, because everyone I am working with is doing the same thing.

Cons

We are a non-profit in the true sense of the word. Our goal is to "End Hunger Here." With that in mind, salaries, although competitive, are in no way as high as you could earn. Benefits are improving and senior management is constantly looking to add to benefits, knowing it is a key element in retaining our dedicated staff.

Advice to Management

More workers to do the work. Time is money, If you can't raise salaries, be more flexible with time off for the team. I believe dedicated workers are also passionate about other projects. Offer the time to let these passionate workers pursue their dreams.

Greater Boston Food Bank2016-03-10

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great Experience"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I worked at Greater Boston Food Bank

Pros

Very welcoming staff and volunteers

Cons

Parking was a little difficult

Greater Boston Food Bank2017-11-06
  2. "Changes being made will significantly improve the experience here!"

Former Employee - Major Gifts Officer in Boston, MA

I worked at Greater Boston Food Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent Cause, Strong mission, shrewdly run company with strong financials and excellent reputation.

Cons

Leadership separates itself from the rest of the staff, and puts expectations down to its teams with no real road map of how to arrive at the destination.

Greater Boston Food Bank2019-07-18

Discover more reviews about Greater Boston Food Bank.