Greater Philadelphia Urban Affairs Coalition - overall it is a great place to start but is lacking in various areas | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Greater Philadelphia Urban Affairs Coalition

"overall it is a great place to start but is lacking in various areas"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

you an take time off and it is totally okay. There are mostly older people working in the offices and they are very nice it has a strong family vibe

Cons

In non -profit people can tend to become lazy and not seek opportunities to make company better
fiscal department can be all over the place
compensation can be better

Advice to Management

there should be more training and opportunities for advancement. fiscal should meet with programs to be on the same page

Other Employee Reviews for Greater Philadelphia Urban Affairs Coalition

1. "Love the company"

Former Intern - Intern in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Intern - Intern in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Greater Philadelphia Urban Affairs Coalition as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

I had a great experience working here. I really had the option to dive in and get great on hands experience in a variety of areas. Highly recommend this experience to anyone looking for a positive intern experience.

Cons

This has more to do with the nature of nonprofits, but occasionally management had a difficult time providing support because of their own high volume workload.

Advice to Management

I cannot think of anything in particular I would advise management to do. I was close with some of the higher up employees and they were all great.

2. "Most Of Upper Management Does Not Care About It's Employees"

I worked at Greater Philadelphia Urban Affairs Coalition full-time

Pros

The Controller is excellent, and runs most of the fiscal department on his own. He genuinely cares about his employees, but because of his work load is not provided with the time that he needs to train new staff the way that he would like to.

Cons

There are bullies on the fiscal staff that effect the morale and productivity of their workers. Management does not take this issue seriously.

Advice to Management

Take bullying seriously before the bully becomes a liability. Take the time to train your staff on policies, procedures, systems, and new tasks. Value your staff.