Greeley and Hansen - Greeley and Hansen is a great place to work if your looking for lots of free time and no place for advancement | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Greeley and Hansen

"Greeley and Hansen is a great place to work if your looking for lots of free time and no place for advancement"

Current Employee - Civil Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Civil Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

There is tons of free time. The deadlines for things are generally twice as long as you need to get them done. The offices are for the most part nice to work in. Greeley and Hansen generally overcharges clients so there is plenty of money to be made.

Cons

There is very little room for advancement. It is a very flat structure (entry level -> associate ->principal) which means that you will have to work with the company for many years in order to move up. There is also a very large age discrepancy. Half of the company is over 40 while the other half is under 30. While everybody is amicable, the younger people do not have much in common with the older people and therefore do not interact very much. The modeling software needed for most projects is not available. Rather than spend some money to get the software, the company generally chooses to contract out the work losing more money than doing it in house.

Advice to Management

The senior management needs to be more involved in the other employees. The senior management is rarely seen on a day to day basis.

Other Employee Reviews for Greeley and Hansen

"HR Intern"

Pros

Very flexible and really puts into consideration the interns interest!

Cons

Nothing! Everything and everyone is so friendly and cooperative!

Advice to Management

Everything runs smoothly. If anything, maybe having work ready for interns rather than looking for it on the day of work alone.

Greeley and Hansen Response

Sep 23, 2016 – Company Representative

Thanks for providing your comments about your internship experience with Greeley and Hansen. And, we appreciate your input about how we can make the program even better for future students.

"Good place to work."

Pros

I really enjoyed working for Greeley and Hansen. I was very fortunate to work for such a motivated team. We had meetings with catered snacks, company outings, contests, etc. I appreciated the company’s benefits, such as summer hours and especially retirement plan benefits (401K, Company Profit Sharing and pension plan).

Cons

Sometimes, have to work after-hours due to workload or project's due date.

Advice to Management

None

Greeley and Hansen Response

Aug 25, 2016 – Company Representative

Thank you for your feedback. We’re so pleased to hear that you have such high regard for your team, and that you find our benefits personally valuable to you. And, we appreciate that our employees ... More