Green Schoolhouse Series - Growing Company -- Need to Be Flexible and Understand the Program | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Green Schoolhouse Series

"Growing Company -- Need to Be Flexible and Understand the Program"

Current Employee - Senior Corporate Partnership Manager in Carlsbad, CA
Current Employee - Senior Corporate Partnership Manager in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Green Schoolhouse Series full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Doing GREAT things for the kids and schools that really need help with new facilities.
Sense of fulfillment that you are doing good and earning a living.
The clients that understand the program are getting results.
Management gave us many Fridays off, fun opportunities for bonuses in team meetings.
Recognized individuals that were going above and beyond in team meetings.

Cons

Lots of change - this is a new venture, so if you are not flexible this is not for you.
Micro management - I understand this has changed.
For sales people you need to be in this for the long haul and be willing to work hard up front, but rewards are definately possible.

Other Employee Reviews for Green Schoolhouse Series

"If you are expecting to get a paycheck, do not work for this company! aka Cause and Effect"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Green Schoolhouse Series full-time

Pros

Building and donating a school via corporate sponsorship is a great business model! Before the epic failure, GSHS had an amazing group of talented people that kept the business going.

Cons

Gross mismanagement from the senior managing partner!! Since the beginning of September 2012, they were not able to pay employees, yet expected everyone to stay and donate their time. To date, those employees are still owed from $200 to $18,000 in back wages!

THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM!! I feel sorry for the corporate sponsors that have donated and invested so much time and money into the "Cause".

Do not be mislead by their sales tactics! DO YOUR RESEARCH as many of the companies short comings are of public knowledge.

Advice to Management

Let someone else run the company that knows what they are doing. Radio experience does not constitute business management!

"One of the hardest working groups I've been around..."

I worked at Green Schoolhouse Series full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When I was working there, all I could think was this company ran like a well-oiled machine. Everyone did their part. The marketing, sales and construction teams work well together. I will root for these guys and look forward to seeing their projects pop up around the country. There is a live feed on the website and it is cool to watch the green schools get built.

Cons

The hours. I was in a situation where I needed much more flexibility than was offered. They had meetings first thing in the morning and last thing in the day, so it was hard to come in late or leave early without feeling quilty and also missing something.

Advice to Management

Spend more time with the employees. I think I spent more time interviewing with management then I did when I worked there. They work hard, but they should spend more time getting to know us.