Greene Resources - I have been a temp employee with Greene Resources for over 6 yrs and have had a good experience overall. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Greene Resources

"I have been a temp employee with Greene Resources for over 6 yrs and have had a good experience overall."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Greene Resources part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The position I was hired for is very flexible and the pay is great. I do not get benefits but my salary makes up for it so that I can buy my own health insurance. You also get a yearly review along with a pay increase based on that review.

Cons

The HR staff changes constantly and you hardly ever see the same person doing your review or handling the paperwork.

Advice to Management

When it comes to policies, pay attention to the needs of the employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Greene Resources

"Good Company, sporadic though"

Former Contractor - Recruiter Sourcer in Raleigh, NC
    Former Contractor - Recruiter Sourcer in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Greene Resources as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are young and enjoyable to work with

Cons

Task are repetitive, management changes a lot and they do not promote based on work performance. If you get the feeling you didn't make a good first impression then start looking for something else. The task are repetitive and you are not told a lot about what is going on.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent and actually review peoples work. take the time to improve peoples performance and evaluate them.

"Exploitative"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Raleigh, NC

Pros

This is a temp agency, so their job is to get you a job. After one year-long, successful assignment, they continued to find me some sort of position in an office. They responded within a reasonable amount of time when contacted.

Cons

Again, after over a year with Greene, I was given another position with a lower hourly rate. My hourly pay went from $15 for the first assignment to $8.50 for the third and last assignment.

Temp agencies are exploitative because they pay you the lowest wage possible and offer insufficient benefits, while taking sometimes 30-50% overhead (of the total billed to the client, agencies take a percentage before paying their temporary workers).

Advice to Management

Temporary workers are notoriously unreliable, so I was disheartened that my skills and work ethic were not treated as valuable. The wages I received barely kept me from being on the street, and I felt that Greene took advantage of me. The minimal health care offered to Greene's employees is the same one used by McDonald's, so myself and several other temps I knew were struggling to afford basic health care and living expenses.

How can you expect individuals representing your company to reflect well on Greene if the majority of them can barely afford living expenses and have little chance of being hired permanently?