Greenfield Advisors - Management isn't Perfect | Glassdoor

"Management isn't Perfect"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

Excellent benefits (100% paid for employees, their family and/or domestic partners)
Flexible work schedule
Reasonable policies and procedures: they guide but don't restrict
Collaborative environment
Employees are treated like adults -- its presumed they'll be honest and work hard.
Good pay (although we always think we're worth more!)
World-class deliverables: We're unique. We're the best. We know it.
We got rid of a lot of 'deadwood' (employees) in the last year, and it shows in improved morale and productivity.

People who enjoy carving out a unique role for themselves do well in this company. There is a lot of room for growth, as well as a lot of support for you to increase your skill set and knowledge base. if you need to be told what to do -- don't work here. This is a place for people with creativity and initiative.

Cons

Performance metrics are non-existent or so fluid it is hard to get a sense of what we're really being measured on.
Treating people like adults is great on paper, but when clever amployees spend a lot of time *talking* and not working they are abusing the system.
The collaborative atmosphere is great, except when employees cover up other's poor work habits -- which makes it impossible for managment to fix the issue. That happens less now, and the worst of the slacker employees are gone, but it really caused problems.

Advice to Management

Get serious about what you want our company values to be, and then support those values, literally. Hire only the best (you're doing better at that.) We're a pretty lean company now, but if we get a few more excellent hires we'll remain lean while improving our productivity. Stay flexible and willing to listen to us, but use outside information to corrobate decisions and goals.

Other Employee Reviews for Greenfield Advisors

1. "It isn't what you think"

Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk in Seattle, WA

I worked at Greenfield Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They celebrate birthdays! There's paid holidays! Including John Lennon's birthday!

Cons

The celebrated birthdays you're socially obligated to participate in are considered your unpaid breaks and sometimes they call you in to start and not everyone's there, so you end up wasting breaks.

The organization of the company is abysmal. It's the only place I've worked where they make a big show of appreciating employees without actually appreciating them. When they've had to lay off shifts because without notice, people showed up to work and were told they'd receive two weeks' pay but they were done. No accountability.

Advice to Management

Don't have the only person employees should be able to turn to with concerns be someone no one feels comfortable talking to. You lose good talent and keep the people that don't care about the work or the company.

Also, having the same team enter data as the team QCing the data makes for mistakes in QC that weren't in the original data entry when the people entering data aren't all on the same page (which they weren't) and people who entered data properly getting marked down for errors.

"Controlled chaos"

Former Employee - Research Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Research Analyst in Seattle, WA

Pros

People are kind and fun, benefits are great, and the work is interesting. Really most of the people there make it a nice place to be and it's in a great location.

Cons

Senior management causes constant chaos with a lack of specificity/understanding/decision-making/availability/etc and the other employees are left to 'hold down the fort" and make sure the deliverables remain best in class. People seemed pretty frustrated.

Advice to Management

You've got a high turnover rate for a reason...