Greenhouse Software - GH is like a swan: serene at the surface, turbulent underneath | Glassdoor

"GH is like a swan: serene at the surface, turbulent underneath"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Greenhouse Software full-time

Pros

Great reputation, striving towards good values, great product

Cons

Where to begin. Stressed out management. Limited mobility despite reputation to the contrary. Recruiting department is in the spotlight and particularly unpleasant to work in. Clique-ey. Political. Inexperienced managers.

Advice to Management

Create opportunities for upward feedback. Quarterly reviews for the reports don't count- you need 360 reviews for the managers themselves. Work on your recruiting team culture. They are so stressed out! and sales. Turnover on both your people and sales teams will improve if you create opportunities to relax together. Even "fun days" were tense and work-related on those teams. People need to chill out. Trust that... they’ll do good work even if you’re not breathing down their necks. ESPECIALLY if you’re not breathing down their necks. Train your managers more than you are. My experience was a micro-manager who made it miserable for me to do my work. The job isn’t rocket science. Allow some creativity. Did I mention fun days? Let them be FUN days. **ADVICE TO CANDIDATES: Greenhouse are experts in recruiting so don’t rely on the interview process as your full view onto what it’s like to work there. Talk to entry level people who have been at GH for at least 6 months (past the honeymoon phase) in whatever department you are applying to, particularly if it’s a role in the people department or the sales department. GH is a great company but it has its flaws, like any company does. Do your homework to make sure the flaws align with your values and personality.

Greenhouse Software2019-06-08

"#1 place to work for a reason!"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

Genuine people in a highly creative and collaborative environment.

Cons

Have yet to come across any.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Greenhouse Software2019-11-19
  2. "Eh...."

Current Employee - Data Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pretty great people and initiatives that are challenging yet doable.

Cons

A lot of evangelizing internally/externally which leaves teams not willing to make chages.

Greenhouse Software2019-11-27

Discover more reviews about Greenhouse Software.