Greenhouse Software - The best place I've ever worked | Glassdoor

"The best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Senior Operations Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-The most intelligent, hard-working team I've been on -Each day brings an exciting new challenge/project -Lots of autonomy to explore and solve interesting problems -Tons of collaboration and a genuinely happy place to work

Cons

The only downsides are things that any scaling company faces: -Learning how to include remote/distributed seamlessly into meetings with technology -Maintaining the sense of community across a growing number of offices (we are now hiring a role to specifically focus on this!!!)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing -- each decision is thoughtful and you've earned the trust of employees as you continue building this awesome community!

Greenhouse Software2019-08-05

"Best company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Denver, CO

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Growing fast - Incredibly generous benefits - Remarkable people and culture

Cons

- Growing pains from high-growth - Starting pay bands feel a little low for the amount of work - Workload can feel intense, job is more technical than many other support roles.

Advice to Management

You're doing great. Please hold all employees to same standard as new hires and keep iterating on metrics and onboarding.

Greenhouse Software2019-09-30

"Good company with challenges"

Former Employee - Recruiting in New York, NY

I worked at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Broadly, the people are kind. You can make genuine friends here. - Career advancement and development is something the company truly cares about. Most roles to my knowledge have thoughtful career ladders in place. Tons of first time managers. Opportunities to move laterally across departments are there too if your ambitions want to lead you elsewhere. - Greenhouse Recruiting is a product you can get behind.... Great company for any recruiting professional. :)

Cons

- DE&I in some ways have been a blindspot at the company. Hyperfocus on great Glassdoor reviews, ill-defined engagement surveys, and gender parity with no accountability on racial/ethnic diversity, although steps are being taken to address this (cultural awareness/sensitivity training, leadership/hiring manager accountability, rescoping engagement surveys to capture different experiences, DE&I executive search firms... for leadership roles, etc). - People team resources are scarce, not at the size to support growth at scale. - (Recruiting) processes are a bit too bureaucratic and will inevitably break, but expected to be overengineered at a recruiting company. - NY office space isn’t exactly ideal — compartmentalized into 4 floors (WeWork) with card access and some floors requiring a card even to use the bathroom or grab utensils.

Advice to Management

1) DE&I - There are a lot of great individuals doing DE&I work at Greenhouse. They deserve to be recognized and compensated for their work, whether it be monetarily or integrated in their career ladders. This work is incredibly taxing on people of color with little light at the end of the tunnel. - Accountability needs to be continually reinforced by the CEO and the rest of the executive team. Each executive should... be able to speak to what DE&I means for themselves, their respective organizations, and hold their managers accountable. Individuals will eventually want to hear from folks other than Dan and Jon. 2) Leadership sentiment and awareness - Not everything will be captured in pulse surveys. Pay attention to what folks are saying about their managers & department leaders. Be proactive about it and you’ll surface things before they become detrimental to the organization and the people.

Greenhouse Software2019-10-26

Discover more reviews about Greenhouse Software.