Greenhouse Software - Top-of-the-line | Glassdoor

"Top-of-the-line"

Current Employee - Director of Engineering in New York, NY

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Culture from top to bottom is thoughtful and puts people first - Great benefits, and a really amazing and supportive place to work for parents - If we make software to help companies amazing at hiring and onboarding, we better be good at it ourselves! (We are)

Cons

Since the company has been growing so much, there are some processes around org-wide communication and decision making that feel underdeveloped. It seems like this is actively being worked on, though.

Greenhouse Software2019-08-05

"Best company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Denver, CO

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Growing fast - Incredibly generous benefits - Remarkable people and culture

Cons

- Growing pains from high-growth - Starting pay bands feel a little low for the amount of work - Workload can feel intense, job is more technical than many other support roles.

Advice to Management

You're doing great. Please hold all employees to same standard as new hires and keep iterating on metrics and onboarding.

Greenhouse Software2019-09-30

"Good company with challenges"

Former Employee - Recruiting in New York, NY

I worked at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Broadly, the people are kind. You can make genuine friends here. - Career advancement and development is something the company truly cares about. Most roles to my knowledge have thoughtful career ladders in place. Tons of first time managers. Opportunities to move laterally across departments are there too if your ambitions want to lead you elsewhere. - Greenhouse Recruiting is a product you can get behind.... Great company for any recruiting professional. :)

Cons

- DE&I in some ways have been a blindspot at the company. Hyperfocus on great Glassdoor reviews, ill-defined engagement surveys, and gender parity with no accountability on racial/ethnic diversity, although steps are being taken to address this (cultural awareness/sensitivity training, leadership/hiring manager accountability, rescoping engagement surveys to capture different experiences, DE&I executive search firms... for leadership roles, etc). - People team resources are scarce, not at the size to support growth at scale. - (Recruiting) processes are a bit too bureaucratic and will inevitably break, but expected to be overengineered at a recruiting company. - NY office space isn’t exactly ideal — compartmentalized into 4 floors (WeWork) with card access and some floors requiring a card even to use the bathroom or grab utensils.

Advice to Management

1) DE&I - There are a lot of great individuals doing DE&I work at Greenhouse. They deserve to be recognized and compensated for their work, whether it be monetarily or integrated in their career ladders. This work is incredibly taxing on people of color with little light at the end of the tunnel. - Accountability needs to be continually reinforced by the CEO and the rest of the executive team. Each executive should... be able to speak to what DE&I means for themselves, their respective organizations, and hold their managers accountable. Individuals will eventually want to hear from folks other than Dan and Jon. 2) Leadership sentiment and awareness - Not everything will be captured in pulse surveys. Pay attention to what folks are saying about their managers & department leaders. Be proactive about it and you’ll surface things before they become detrimental to the organization and the people.

Greenhouse Software2019-10-26

Discover more reviews about Greenhouse Software.