Cover image for Greenhouse Software

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

an actual people first company

Sep 15, 2022 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at Greenhouse over a year now and they do "walk the walk" in respect to diversity, equity, and inclusion. As a BIPOC, I've felt warmly welcomed, supported, and loved getting involved in our employee resource groups, even as an ally!

Cons

There are periods of heavier workload, due to the continuously growing customer base and different customer teams have to go through hiring and onboarding to expand capacity for support.

1 person found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing company

Nov 2, 2022 - Senior Customer Success Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

As with any company - Greenhouse has many growth edges, but what sets it apart is the willingness of all leadership levels to listen to employees' feedback. There's an authentic culture of taking accountability for mistakes when they happen and doing better next time. I'm pleased by the immense amount of follow-through. Also has cutting-edge inclusion/DE&I initiatives - employee ERG's are focusing on creating space for allies as well as the intended communities. There's immense focus on diversity as it relates to ability, neurodiversity, etc. in addition to demographic, religious, gender identity, LGBTQ+, caretaker (etc.) ERG focus.

Cons

The only con here is the disservice you'd be doing yourself by not trying to work here.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Everything I ever wanted in an employer

Mar 12, 2022 - Technical Writer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve been at Greenhouse for a few months now, and I truly feel so grateful and happy to be have been chosen to work here. Greenhouse has a huge focus on work-life balance, DE&I and overall employee wellness, and they back up their promises with real actions. The executive team is kind, transparent and holds themselves accountable for their actions. The perks are also unbeatable. I’m constantly bragging to people about how generous Greenhouse’s stipends are, and the pay is at or above market value. I feel inspired and challenged by my work without feeling like it controls my life. I’m rarely stressed in this role and have a great manager who ensures we keep our workload manageable.

Cons

The biggest downside is that the company is scaling so fast that many processes and standards of communication have yet to scale with them. However, everyone I’ve met is cognizant of the growing pains and eager to make improvements where they’re needed. I’m encouraged to voice my opinion, express constructive criticism and take on process improvement initiatives as I discover them — without being “voluntold” or having the side projects pile up on my current work. I’m encouraged to make time for new work that I find fulfilling. Honestly, after working at so many subpar and even toxic places, Greenhouse is a breath of fresh air. I am more content with my career than I ever have been, and I encourage everyone I know who’s looking for a job to join Greenhouse.

Continue reading
    5 people found this review helpful

Greenhouse Software Response

CEO

Such great feedback, I'm happy to hear that Greenhouse represents such a great place to work for you. And thanks for giving me a new word, "voluntold"! I think the critical feedback and advice you give is spot-on and I will continue working hard to ensure that our culture stays healthy as we scale. My only question is with all the positive commentary and the 5* rating, why do you not "Approve of the CEO"? Hopefully was an oversight but of course if there's anything I should know please reach out.

Discover more reviews about Greenhouse Software.

Greenhouse Software Photos

+ Add Photo
Greenhouse Software photo of: All In!
Greenhouse Software photo of: Daniel speaking at Greenhouse OPEN 2018!
Greenhouse Software photo of: Our Engineering team has a stand up everyday.
Greenhouse Software photo of: Engineering team with rollbar swag
Greenhouse Software photo of: Greenies Bombas Day 2017
Greenhouse Software photo of: Post Fun Day happy hour!
Greenhouse Software photo of: Wellness Week powered by smoothie bikes!

Greenhouse Software Job Seekers Also Viewed