Greenpoint Technologies - Speaking Out | Glassdoor

"Speaking Out"

Current Employee - Senior Design Engineer in Kirkland, WA
Current Employee - Senior Design Engineer in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Greenpoint Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working Environment. This is a very collaborative environment. I work in Engineering and never feel micro-managed. In fact, I look for my manager about as much as he looks for me. The management here at Greenpoint is a Technical management. I think that accounts for the ratio. Although my boss is the department manager, he also collaborates on design, modelling issues, materials, as well as scheduling.
I think this team environment working model fits the product very well.

Greenpoint is an excellent facility. Engineering uses all of the latest tools and equipement.

Greenpoint is fun and active. Our department manager goes to the same gym that I go to. If I don't show up he 'micro manages' me, and asks where I've been. I love it! We work hard and play hard.

I'm a contractor. I've contracted at many of the Aerospace companies in North America. Greenpoint is second to none. I've been treated very well. I 've seen the us v. them mentality at other companies. It is not here.

Of course the location is great. I moved a half mile from the facility and walk to work everyday. It's scenic, and safe.

Cons

I don't know if it's a con, but growth is an issue. I think it's a good problem. We are busy.
Some standards are being fine tuned. I think this is true of any company this size.

Advice to Management

Continue to innovate, to try and to seek new ideas and where they come from. Also take advantage of industry standards where they apply.
Please don't change the working environment. I look forward to coming to work everyday, and I know others do as well. Keep encouraging the team spirit.

Other Employee Reviews for Greenpoint Technologies

1. "Greenpoint expects the best because they are the best!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Greenpoint Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Location, friendly environment, hard working employees.

Cons

My commute was the biggest con until I moved closer to work.

2. "Made some great friends and had a lot of POSH experiences."

Former Employee - Buyer in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Buyer in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Greenpoint Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very much a work "family" and if you fit the corportate culture you will thrive at Greenpoint. They work on high profile projects; which is exciting!

Cons

If you don't fit their corprotate culture, you'll not be given opportunities and will not enjoy your time there. Also, as an aerospace company, their workforce ebbs and flows as contracts are granted.

Advice to Management

Nurture mentorship and 360 evaluations of your managers.