Greenville Health System - Mixed signals in the IS group | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Greenville Health System

"Mixed signals in the IS group"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Greenville, SC
Former Employee - Business Analyst in Greenville, SC

I worked at Greenville Health System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are very welcoming and genuine. The company seems to value diversity and healthy living (which is nice, since it is a hospital). PTO very generous, and salary was very competitive (if you have the right degrees, certifications, etc.)

Cons

Information Systems group is a mess. They recently layed-off 30 people, so everyone is constantly watching their back, and no one shares knowledge (so that they will maintain their value). A number of directors and high-level IS leaders were brought in from a Florida hospital system, where they had previously been dismissed. They are trying to make GHS like Health First in Florida, instead of seizing on the positive elements that already exist in the company today. No real processes and no consistency in how to get things done from one day to another. IS group is easily 10-15 years behind the times in technology as well as process.

Advice to Management

Don't sell people on what you wish the company would be - tell them what is it so that it's not a shock when they arrive and immediately want to get out.

Other Employee Reviews for Greenville Health System

1. "I love my job"

Current Employee - Outpatient Therapist in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Outpatient Therapist in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Greenville Health System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am well compensated for the work I do, my managers and coworkers are capable of completing tasks assigned to them and are very aware of the environment and needs of the persons we are providing care to, and the atmosphere is an atmosphere of safety and client focused care

Cons

It would be a much better place if there were more opportunities for growth. I would also appreciate more support staff in some areas.

Advice to Management

Upper management would benefit from spending more time in the various locations. It is understandable that GMMC is the "hub" of services, but those in outlying facilities feel that they are often overlooked

2. "One of the most professional and experienced hospital I have been in."

Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Greenville Health System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I would say that Greenville has the best concept of Team Work that I have ever experience in a professional and/or medical field. The Team has "your back"!!!

Cons

Probably if one is working very hard in a position and not getting enough recognition.

Advice to Management

Making sure that all employees in the department are informed.