Greenway Health - Lacks Innovation, Lacks Direction, Lacks Moral Integrity | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Greenway Health

"Lacks Innovation, Lacks Direction, Lacks Moral Integrity"

Pros

There are some really great people that work there

Cons

To begin with I left Greenway by my choosing, I was not fired or let go.

Greenway's core application has barely been updated for years. In software terms, they have fallen behind by a generation.

They lack the ability to draw talent to work out of a small town in GA and really should open a satellite office in a major city.

They are very dishonest about expected compensation.

They have a very tight clique near the top that seems more like a fraternity and less like a company. It's caused them to position high level personnel completely lacking in leadership qualities. This would be great if it was a 20 person company but it has outgrown their college mentality.

My main issue with the company that causes such a poor review is not the above mentioned problems. Every company has problems. It's that Greenway actively markets itself as wholesome and pious both externally and internally. At the same time, management looks the other way when a variety of very public misconduct takes place. It's a "Do as I say" mentality there. The consequences of misconduct have reverberated throughout the company. Promotions were given to people who were "willing to play the game." I have witnessed a variety of misconduct during my entire career but never so much from one company that says it's so wholesome. If my name was on the company (or my father's name) I would have to step back and ask myself, "Is this how I want to honor him and my family name?"

If you want one story that completely highlights what this company is about the following should suffice. An employee of Greenway went on FMLA in 2012 due to cancer. He was in sales. He came off FMLA in June and was fired in August. This employee was a sales person in an environment where the sales cycle is probably 6 months on average. He also made his quota in recent history. He wasn't fired due to cuts, he was fired due to performance.

One last thing and I am afraid this will remove this review from this website but I think it is very relevant especially if you fall under this category. If your personal "beliefs" do not line up with those "beliefs" of the company, you may not be hired (I witnessed this first hand) or you may not have much of a future at this company. It's sad, but in 2013 there are still companies that operate with a 1920s mentality.

Advice to Management

Sell the company and cash out before you run it into the ground and destroy many peoples' careers

Other Employee Reviews for Greenway Health

1. "Started out as a decent company with a decent product. Has fallen behind in product solutions and employee benefits."

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Same senior management team for many years, had a solid vision for years. Good people - many very dedicated.

Cons

Benefits are terrible. Most employees have gone for many years without a pay increase. The solution has fallen way behind in technology solutions.

Advice to Management

If one of the core values is your people - show them it by increasing peoples salaries and staying ahead of the curve in technology.

"Buyer Beware"

Pros

Nice building and normal hours

Cons

Unrealistic expectations, micromanaging, and management will play favorites and steal ideas from regular employees before turning against them.

Advice to Management

Don't micromanage so much, and don't play favorites. Treat everyone fairly and equally.