Greenway Health - Great company, needs to move away from being "Carrollton" centric | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Greenway Health

"Great company, needs to move away from being "Carrollton" centric"

Current Employee - R&D Employee in Carrollton, GA
Current Employee - R&D Employee in Carrollton, GA

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People, people, people. Most of the employees care about what they do and will do what it takes to make this company successful. Even though not perceived, Facilities are great, mostly good managers. While others on Glassdoor have complained about management "doing what they say," I think the opposite. I do not think there is a malicious bone in management's body.

Cons

Because the people will do what it takes to make the company successful, that is used and sometimes abused by management. 60-80 hour weeks are the norm and as another reviewer stated, there is no compensation for years of the behavior. Recent sale of the company has left employees nervous and seeming naivety of Sr. Management is not instilling confidence in the process.
Compensation averages around the 30 percentile mark, seemingly because "Carrollton has a lower cost of living." However, this negatively impacts job performance and does not attract talent from the Atlanta market.

Advice to Management

Understand that, whether we like it or not, we are part of the Atlanta market. Focus on laying out a strategic vision in front of the people. If a bonus structure based on value add is not going to be on the table, increase salaries based on 10-12 hour days.

Other Employee Reviews for Greenway Health

1. "Greenway plans to reach for the stars but falls short on vision and commitment"

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People that actually do creative works who develop the solutions are friendly, cooperative, and helpful. Administrators and personnel are nice.

Cons

Rushed, short-cut approach in developing project items, lack of care for quality. Company interest is mostly sales-oriented, where customer is sold and promised a tall order of features that push the developers and support people to limits. Overtime required to fix issues while trying to develop new features. Management lacks communication, team leadership, and organizational skills, focuses on delivery schedules.

Advice to Management

Senior managers/directors should share company and project visions, be capable of inspiring the team. Checking the status of tasks on a line-item basis in meetings should not be the extent of their duties. The leaders who originally started the company had that vision, but as the company grew these values disappeared with inexperienced managers, original founders need to take a hard look at the skills of the new directors and advise accordingly.

"Lacks Innovation, Lacks Direction, Lacks Moral Integrity"

Pros

There are some really great people that work there

Cons

To begin with I left Greenway by my choosing, I was not fired or let go.

Greenway's core application has barely been updated for years. In software terms, they have fallen behind by a generation.

They lack the ability to draw talent to work out of a small town in GA and really should open a satellite office in a major city.

They are very dishonest about expected compensation.

They have a very tight clique near the top that seems more like a fraternity and less like a company. It's caused them to position high level personnel completely lacking in leadership qualities. This would be great if it was a 20 person company but it has outgrown their college mentality.

My main issue with the company that causes such a poor review is not the above mentioned problems. Every company has problems. It's that Greenway actively markets itself as wholesome and pious both externally and internally. At the same time, management looks the other way when a variety of very public misconduct takes place. It's a "Do as I say" mentality there. The consequences of misconduct have reverberated throughout the company. Promotions were given to people who were "willing to play the game." I have witnessed a variety of misconduct during my entire career but never so much from one company that says it's so wholesome. If my name was on the company (or my father's name) I would have to step back and ask myself, "Is this how I want to honor him and my family name?"

If you want one story that completely highlights what this company is about the following should suffice. An employee of Greenway went on FMLA in 2012 due to cancer. He was in sales. He came off FMLA in June and was fired in August. This employee was a sales person in an environment where the sales cycle is probably 6 months on average. He also made his quota in recent history. He wasn't fired due to cuts, he was fired due to performance.

One last thing and I am afraid this will remove this review from this website but I think it is very relevant especially if you fall under this category. If your personal "beliefs" do not line up with those "beliefs" of the company, you may not be hired (I witnessed this first hand) or you may not have much of a future at this company. It's sad, but in 2013 there are still companies that operate with a 1920s mentality.

Advice to Management

Sell the company and cash out before you run it into the ground and destroy many peoples' careers