Grey Healthcare Group - Life at GHG | Glassdoor

"Life at GHG"

Current Employee - Group Account Supervisor in New York, NY
Current Employee - Group Account Supervisor in New York, NY

Pros

In my group, we make sure to strike a good balance between work and life. However, I don't know if that is the case for other accounts. Unlike other places, we do have access to senior mgmt. and the CEO knows me and I've worked with her on several new business pitches.

Cons

- HR is useless when it comes to making sure performance evaluations are done in a timely manner. Basically, your boss can choose to ignore giving you a performance review and nothing bad happens to them. Not accountablility.
- They entice you with a high starting salary but then raises are terrible. They always make your supervisor fight for decent raises.
- The consumer group is tiny so there isn't any room to rotate to other accounts
- They are senior mgmt heavy but lack good workers at the middle level
- The new business pitch process is a joke compared to other places I've worked at. In fact, they don't even have a new biz dept.

Advice to Management

1. Learn how to better at new business so you can win more accounts.
2. Show your employees you care by giving them decent raises.
3. Hire some mid-level people who have a strong skillset

Other Employee Reviews for Grey Healthcare Group

"A Sinking Ship"

Current Employee - Account Services in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Services in New York, NY

Pros

Paycheck of sorts, some decent lunch places in neighborhood. Good place to work if you like a challenge, or if you really don't care about loathing going to work in the morning. Most of the good people are gone, but there are a few good people left -- for now.

Cons

Lousy communication from management, agency desperate for any work, willing to work for almost nothing. There is no cachet to the brand anymore, it's become like working at a dollar store. No loyalty to employees whatsoever. HR dept is incompetent (not benefits, just other areas). Morale is a non-issue -- it doesn't exist. Agency probably won't exist for much longer.

Advice to Management

Stop giving away the farm. Become an elite brand to clients. Have some self-respect. Push back to WPP. Fire Fusco, Singer. Make changes to attract stellar talent.

2. "Information Architect Manager"

I have been working at Grey Healthcare Group full-time

Pros

Good environment and culture to work

Cons

Not too much to grow