Grid Dynamics - Great company for professional growth | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Grid Dynamics

"Great company for professional growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Grid Dynamics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company grows fast
There is a lot of interesting and challenging work
Professional and career growth is encouraged
Orientation on emerging technologies and hard technical problems; good place to work for technical staff: architects, technical managers, developers, QAs, etc.
Engineering team rocks

Cons

Lack of technical middle management caused by aggressive growth
Some corporate processes are not scaled to the new company size yet

Advice to Management

Keep up with executing the new strategy and growing responsibly

Other Employee Reviews for Grid Dynamics

1. "Grid Dynamics is my first employer in IT industry."

Current Employee - Java Developer in Saint Petersburg (Russia)
    Current Employee - Java Developer in Saint Petersburg (Russia)

I have been working at Grid Dynamics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My colleagues are the smartest people. You can always find a person who knows everything about something that you need. There is a community of practice that even make classes and provides materials to learn.

Many different modern technologies from Solr, Hadoop to Hybris. My first project was performance test tool which was developed inside the company for the company itself. And now I am working in a search team. A big amount of technologies gives you an opportunity to learn new things, and find projects/tools that you really like.

You have a flexible time schedule as long as you have come to an agreement with your manager or client and you can work from home when you need.

The Pleasant and comfortable atmosphere in the office. You can hear funny jokes in the corridor. You can experience a lot of such activities in the office apart from work itself as sports events, quiz games, English classes.

Trips to US and Poland are. I have been to sunny California 3 times, and it was a fantastic experience from both cultural and professional sides. I have had a chance to try new roles in the project, develop communication skills. Besides, it is a great chance to be a tourist while on business trip and spend a great time with your colleagues (team building).

Cons

As everywhere there are some drawbacks such as small parking in Saint-Petersburg and no permanent place for table tennis :)

2. "Just a body shop"

Current Employee - Developer in Saint Petersburg (Russia)
    Current Employee - Developer in Saint Petersburg (Russia)

I have been working at Grid Dynamics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good salary for Russian Federation.

Cons

Not professional management, no opportunities to grow. They are going to fool you if you would like to relocate to US. 2 - 3 times lower salary than in others US companies. Just a body shop. Usually GD picks some projects up from previous vendors, which did a not good job, and you will have to have a deal with all this bad code.