Grimco - Great Place to Work! MUST LOVE SALES!!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Grimco

"Great Place to Work! MUST LOVE SALES!!!"

Current Employee - Accounting in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Accounting in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Great leadership from the top down... They only hire the best and expect the best in return. Start out compensation 30-40k per year usually. Must have college degree to get hired on. Very youthful... Mostly college graduates.

If you do not absolutely love sales you will not make it within Grimco. I don't care if you are in accounting, hr, or sales... everything is sales oriented and pleasing the customer.

Cons

You will never work just a 40 hour week as a newbie if you want to stay in the company and move up. This should be expected within any company. Bob Hummert is an AWESOME man. He is the owner of the company (multi million dollar company) and knows everyone at corporate by name. I would recommend Grimco to anybody.

Like everywhere else... everything is political. I was let go because of politics.

Advice to Management

Solid leadership. Keep doing what you are doing.

Other Employee Reviews for Grimco

1. "Sales representative"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Grimco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good team atmosphere however that is about it
    Good starting job coming out of school as you will gain entry level experience

Cons

No advancement unless you are willing to be there for 10 years in the same position. Hardly any help from upper management

Advice to Management

None

"Great Work Environment"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Grimco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been at the Toronto branch for a little over a year. Everyone has equal opportunity. Work hard and success will come. I believe I get paid fair for what I do. I love my job, the people I work with and the people I work for. President is very approachable. Past employees want to pretent they have moved onto bigger and better things, and suddenly they are back. Grimco Toronto is my family and I am very happy to be here.

Cons

Some customer are ruthless, this is by far the worst part of the job. A 1hr lunch would be nice. Very little vacation, 2 weeks, for new employees.

Advice to Management

Reward entire staff more and not only selected individuals.