Grimco - Sales Representative | Glassdoor
  1. "Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Hayward, CA

I worked at Grimco full-time for more than a year

Pros

Largest and best sign supplier in the industry. Always very fun internal competitions going on and promotions happening. Offer the best and newest products. Corporate cares a lot and the company has retained some pretty awesome and knowledgeable people. Training is outstanding. Benefits are amazing. Pay is fair.

Cons

For Grimco to justify investing in more talent for your area, your sales growth has to look significantly better than that of another similar-sized branch (in terms of # of employees). Order system is very dated.

Advice to Management

Sales teams only have so much bandwidth, especially in a business that requires much more customer service than you’d like to admit. 1) Address the potential of a market and invest in it according to the size and saturation, not according to the current employee-growth ratio. 2) Separate sales reps from customer service reps - advice from highly successful corporate executives. 3) Get a better, faster CRM that can... also be used in the field.

Grimco2019-08-14
  1. "I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes"

Current Employee - User Support Specialist

I have been working at Grimco full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company will invest time and money into you gaining experience Great place to start out

Cons

Working from home can be hard to do, even when being at the office really isnt necessary

Grimco2019-07-10
  2. "Consider your options"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Grimco full-time for more than a year

Pros

Coworkers not in corporate are incredible. The sales team all shares the same opinions for the most part so you aren't alone. Individual offices feel like a family. I wish I could take all these people with me when I go. Grimco does a great job of hiring fabulous people and then chases them away. Stop self sabotaging! You can do this. I believe in you; which is why I've hung on this long.

Cons

Low pay. Average benefits. Terrible PTO policy. No distinction between sick and vacation days makes it very hard to have an actual life. I feel like I get up everyday to support Grimco but Grimco doesn't support me. The job its self isn't much different than any other job except there is no reprieve from it and the pay check doesn't match the energy required.

Advice to Management

It's time to move into 2019. If you want to decrease turnover you need to make it a decent place to work. I often feel like the work I'm putting in is for corporate's paycheck and benefit, not mine. Let people feel a win. Don't discount the effort it took to get a great sale because it wasn't a greater sale. Most of us who work here are young and early in our careers so discouragement will do nothing but make us... leave to find someone who acknowledges us as actual people rather than a set of number metrics. I was once told that if a company's policies are restrictive it means they're afraid someone is going to screw them; which often means they're screwing you.

Grimco2019-08-05

Discover more reviews about Grimco.