Grocers Supply - It is a friendly environment that places a lot of value in loyalty. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Grocers Supply

"It is a friendly environment that places a lot of value in loyalty."

Pros

The co-workers are great. Benefits are very good. Considering the state of the economy, it feels like a stable place. They are bringing some new management in and they have some good ideas.

Cons

Some people have spent their whole working life there and are not very open to new ideas. They would prefer the newer people to adjust to "their way" instead of being open to hearing how some things good be done differently.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if there could be more information available about what is going on in the company, with our customers and with competition.

Other Employee Reviews for Grocers Supply

1. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Sales & Service Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales & Service Specialist in Dallas, TX

I worked at Grocers Supply (More than 3 years)

Pros

Service Sales is commission. You can make good money, but it's hard work, and a lot of hours.

Cons

Having to hang tags for the store every Wednesday when the store has someone that does the rest of the store, but not your section, so dumb.

Advice to Management

Make the stores hang all the tags.

2. "Read it"

Current Employee - Class A Truck Driver in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Class A Truck Driver in Houston, TX

I have been working at Grocers Supply full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of work, decent pay, decent benefits, on-site employee and family basic care clinic, centrally located, paid holidays & vacatio.

Cons

This company has ups and downs, they have VERY high turn over rate honestly because of the caliber of people they hire, they hire a lot of people who are dishonest and don't care about the company and the equipment they use, as a driver the equipment I need to unload is always in disrepair or they don't have enough (some of it is the cheapest they can get) when I have borrow the customers equipment they don't like it very much, when we report issues they have Their plate full so nothing gets done. I have too many more.

Advice to Management

See cons.