Group Health - Great Company | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Project Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Group Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and they really care about their employees

Cons

Annual raises were quite small

Other Employee Reviews for Group Health

1. "HR"

I have been working at Group Health full-time

Pros

Group Health is a great health care org

Cons

Politics and lacks strong leadership

Advice to Management

No one is policing the big wigs... putting a band aid over something so major, is going back fire.

"Need a change in executive leadership, or a clearly communicated plan for the future!"

I worked at Group Health full-time

Pros

Overall, I enjoyed my years at Group Health. I met many intelligent, quality people who really cared about their jobs and about the people Group Health serves. I was given many opportunities to grow and was promoted as a result. The facilities I worked in were modern and we had good equipment to work with. I was given a generous severance plan when my job was eliminated in a recent layoff.

Cons

Ever since the new CEO took over, the company has had internal problems which have not been visible to the outside world, until recently. The company has not met its financial targets for the last few years and the result has been a slew of layoffs in the last few months. Morale is not good and it does not appear that the executive leadership team really has a clear plan for how to move forward. The more critical issue is that if they have a plan, they are not sharing it with the rank and file, so there is no sense of moving forward as a whole. They also embarked on a critical technology project in the last couple of years that has really not paid dividends thus far. They need to get traction on this project or it will cause additional financial drain.

Advice to Management

Develop a clear and straightforward vision for the future and communicate the details of it to everyone. If you don't, you will continue to lose the trust of the rank and file, and will continue to lose great people that have worked hard to make Group Health a success!