Group Health - A company blinded by its own arrogance. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Group Health

"A company blinded by its own arrogance."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

I worked at Group Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Group Health offers a comprehensive benefit package to its employees, including a generous PTO accrual rate (for exempt employees anyway). Beyond that, I struggle to find anything to list as a "pros".

Cons

Regarding my the title of this review, the organization continuously boasts that it is a "model for the nation" when it comes to the future of healthcare. Unfortunately they believe their own hype and ignore the structural and management problems deeply ingrained in the company. During my approximately five years working there, the organization skipped from one financial crisis to another. Each time they reconcile the financial issues on the backs of lower level employees (who are not the ones causing the problems). They have frozen PTO accrual, implemented hiring freezes, and conducted extensive layoffs during the past few years. The employees who survived the layoffs, and presumably the ones worth keeping, then faced having their position downgraded, including taking a pay-cut, or outsourced. So basically I busted my hump, always received exemplary performance reviews, only to be rewarded with almost zero opportunity for advancement and giving up some of my pay to cover the poor financial decisions made by inept senior management. Additionally, beyond all of that, favoritism is rampant, at least it was in my little corner of the company. People are advanced, not based on their proven capabilities, but rather how much they butt-kiss and act perky while doing it. To current and future employees, good luck!

Advice to Management

Clean house with upper management, including replacing the CEO.

Other Employee Reviews for Group Health

1. "Great working environment as an Pharmacy Intern."

Former Employee - Pharmacist Intern in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Pharmacist Intern in Seattle, WA

I worked at Group Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I liked the hours, the learning opportunities, and the staff was great.

Cons

With the recent budget cuts, peoples hours were cut and some people were let go. Also there were many changes with the work flow which I felt were not at the full potential in terms of efficiency.

Advice to Management

Really listen to the feedback employees have.

2. "A great company to work for"

Former Employee - Field Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Field Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Group Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They have good benefits. They are an equal opportunity employer. LGBT friendly environment

Cons

My position did not offer any incentives for job improvement.

Advice to Management

Offer training to keep up with current technologies